Ομιλείτε αγγλικά!

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
Ok, I apologize. Will you forgive me? :sorry:

I was at the church before and the smell of the smoke has a terrible effect on my neural system :P

Well, it is more than sure that we will lose control in the near future..It is up to us to reverse it, though

Apologise? I do not accept the apologies of an Americanophil freak:P.

(You mean that the smell of the smoke has had a terrible effect on your neural system -which is already a bit doom-da-doom-ala-di-doom:P-.)

Was your visit to the curch advertent?

I completely agree with you. Today our needs are more demanding than ever, and thus we need something that will be capable of satisfying these needs. And this "something" is technology.

Technology has been making our life easier and safer.
Actually, humanity owes its survival to technology. It is doubtful whether humans would be able to survive without the progress of technology (medicines etc), without which we would be eating bananas on trees right now(:P). We wouldn't be able to use our PC at the moment, not only because we wouldn't even know what PCs are, but because we wouldn't have electricity, not even a house to live in. We would live in caves making company to wild animals. Technology is everything. We owe the quality of our life to technology. But we must use it with prudence. We must not use it to create weapons of massive destruction, we must not use it to harm other people or the nature (plants, animals). In cases in which harming the nature is inevitable (e.g. factories), we have to make sure to take the essential precautions and measures to limit this harm to the minimum possible.

I could have spent much more time writing about this issue, but I'm too tired for it right now.

:thanks:

Actually, we could survive without the use of technology, but then, we would be nothing more than smart chimps:P. Actually, chimps do employ branches, etc. as tools, so I guess we would be something even more inferior:P.

i want 2 become an instant translator/interpreter.
sorry 4 my long+difficult-to-understand msgs.i've told u about my jelly-like brain.
sth inside me was whispering my having asked smn bout their origins.so sorry:(...(i think i'm really close related 2 Sokrates-after all we both have the DEMON inside us:P)

we can also say turn it down/up....

and people don't forget that:"this used 2 be a Playhouse but now it's full of evil clowns":D

well if u ask me...i dont fite her with anything....

Ah! So I guess you wanna study in Corfu, don' t you?
Jelly like brain... Hmm... What is its flavour?:P
I feel that I am closely related to Demokritus:P. Maybe we should consult a fortune teller:P.

I thought that the phrase "turn down" means "close".

Actually, it also means "reject" (a proposal).

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Μήτσος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών και Μαθητής Β' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 2,790 μηνύματα.
Apologise? I do not accept the apologies of an Americanophil freak:P.

(You mean that the smell of the smoke has had a terrible effect on your neural system -which is already a bit doom-da-doom-ala-di-doom:P-.)

Was your visit to the curch advertent?

*cough*

About your correction now, the smell of the smoke HAS a terrible effect on my neural system, considering the fact that every time I go to the church I experience this sense of bit-doom-da-doom-ala-di-doom :P

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

domenica7

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η domenica7 αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 32 ετών. Έχει γράψει 1,056 μηνύματα.

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
*cough*

About your correction now, the smell of the smoke HAS a terrible effect on my neural system, considering the fact that every time I go to the church I experience this sense of bit-doom-da-doom-ala-di-doom :P[

Oh, church, alright:P.

Yes, but when you refer to a specific incident that has happened to the past, you should use the simple past tense (if you mention when it occured), or the past perfect tense (if you don' t, and which is our case).:P

You didn' t answer my question.

Oh,stop it..you're being disgusting..:P:P

Like Hannibal?:P

zip_unzip

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο zip_unzip αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Α' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Φινλανδία (Ευρώπη). Έχει γράψει 354 μηνύματα.
*cough*

About your correction now, the smell of the smoke HAS a terrible effect on my neural system, considering the fact that every time I go to the church I experience this sense of bit-doom-da-doom-ala-di-doom :P

It's possible that the priest of this church uses some *cough* *cough* odd smelling herbs instead of normal incense, if you know what I mean:P:P:P:D:D:D

domenica7

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η domenica7 αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 32 ετών. Έχει γράψει 1,056 μηνύματα.

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Μήτσος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών και Μαθητής Β' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 2,790 μηνύματα.
Oh, church, alright:P.

Yes, but when you refer to a specific incident that has happened to the past, you should use the simple past tense (if you mention when it occured), or the past perfect tense (if you don' t, and which is our case).:P

You didn' t answer my question.

Like Hannibal?:P

Did I tell you that I referred to this specific occassion?

I hope you know the meaning of the phrase "generally speaking"

:bye:

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

It's possible that the priest of this church uses some *cough* *cough* odd smelling herbs instead of normal incense, if you know what I mean

Bah, you are comitting BLASPHEMY!
:P

Cannibalism is rare, though it is perfectly understandable in terms of genetic selfishness. Ethically, though, it is cruel (not that killing other animals isn' t, this is a matter that deeply concerns me), but if you have no other choice but to eat one of your own species, what should you do, die of hunger? I think it is a custom which has developed exactly due to the lack of food in some areas. I mean, you cannot go hunting in a dessert island with no other land in the vicinity.
Btw, a local tribe in New Zealand (if I am not mistaken), who used to be cannibals, were the first organisms who had the crazy cow disease (I do not know how it is in English:P). Coincidence?

Domenica, when you said "Oh,stop it..you're being disgusting..." you sounded to me like an old lady, resembling to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of England:P, who would say that in a most despiseful way, a bit like "Oh, no Shanky, don' t lick the shoes of the lady!" when her little doggie was naughty:P.

zip_unzip

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο zip_unzip αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Α' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Φινλανδία (Ευρώπη). Έχει γράψει 354 μηνύματα.

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Did I tell you that I referred to this specific occassion?

I hope you know the meaning of the phrase "generally speaking"

I was at the church before and the smell of the smoke has a terrible effect on my neural system

I.e. that you had been to the church some minute (or hours) earlier. So yes, you did refer to this specific occasion(:P), and if you did not mean to, you should have spoken (actually, written) otherwise:P.

And you still did not answer my question concerning whether your visit to the church was advertent or inadvertent.
-----------------------------------------

Oh, yes, sorry, that one is inexcusable on behalf of myself.

I think Djimmakos can clarify whether my assumption is true or not

Well, I don' t think he needs any special "herbs" to get out of his mind:P.

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

I.e. that you had been to the church some minute (or hours) earlier. So yes, you did refer to this specific occasion(:P), and if you did not mean to, you should have spoken (actually, written) otherwise:P.

And you still did not answer my question concerning whether your visit to the church was advertent or inadvertent.
-----------------------------------------

Oh, yes, sorry, that one is inexcusable on behalf of myself.

Well, I don' t think he needs any special "herbs" to get out of his mind:P.

I referred to this occasion, but I was generally speaking about the consequences of the libani :P
Oh I totally forgot it. Nobody forces me to go the church, so going to it is my answer..Just read between the lines and you'll understand.

:)

zip_unzip

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

zip_unzip

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

domenica7

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Bah, you are comitting BLASPHEMY!
:P

Cannibalism is rare, though it is perfectly understandable in terms of genetic selfishness. Ethically, though, it is cruel (not that killing other animals isn' t, this is a matter that deeply concerns me), but if you have no other choice but to eat one of your own species, what should you do, die of hunger? I think it is a custom which has developed exactly due to the lack of food in some areas. I mean, you cannot go hunting in a dessert island with no other land in the vicinity.
Btw, a local tribe in New Zealand (if I am not mistaken), who used to be cannibals, were the first organisms who had the crazy cow disease (I do not know how it is in English:P). Coincidence?

Domenica, when you said "Oh,stop it..you're being disgusting..." you sounded to me like an old lady, resembling to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of England:P, who would say that in a most despiseful way, a bit like "Oh, no Shanky, don' t lick the shoes of the lady!" when her little doggie was naughty:P.

1)Well,actually I knew it and not it's no a coincidence.Mad cow disease was caused by feeding cows parts of sheeps or even cows.They were made ''pathetic cannibals'' in someway. And that obviously is against the nature.

2)haha..really?..ok..I'm gonna tell you the true..:who:I'm a 79 years old lady from england and I like talking with youths..

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

I referred to this occasion, but I was generally speaking about the consequences of the libani :P
Oh I totally forgot it. Nobody forces me to go the church, so going to it is my answer..Just read between the lines and you'll understand.

:)

Then you should write about them in a separate sentence:D.

1)Well,actually I knew it and not it's no a coincidence.Mad cow disease was caused by feeding cows parts of sheeps or even cows.They were made ''pathetic cannibals'' in someway. And that obviously is against the nature.

2)haha..really?..ok..I'm gonna tell you the true..:who:I'm a 79 years old lady from england and I like talking with youths..

Well, I do not think that a 79 years old lady from England (i.e. a native English speaker) is going to put the word "true" in the place of the word "truth".:P

*sheep, its plural is irregular

zip_unzip

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

...and no, it's not....
...sheep...
..."pathetic cannibals" somehow...
...is obviously...
...truth...

domenica7

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Then you should write about them in a separate sentence:D.

Well, I do not think that a 79 years old lady from England (i.e. a native English speaker) is going to put the word "true" in the place of the word "truth".:P

*sheep, its plural is irregular

oops!erm..you know ,I'm an old woman,I've alzheimer ,so please forgive me.:P

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

How about the rest of the mistakes that zip_unzip discovered?:P

Χρήστες Βρείτε παρόμοια