Ομιλείτε αγγλικά!

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
About the implications of the use of radiation in technology and the consumption of GM food.

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Μήτσος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών και Μαθητής Β' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 2,790 μηνύματα.
Never mind, you should try nevertheless:D.

I didn' t teach you that, you' re the old one in this English topic (and in correcting:D).

Well, what' s more interesting than counting sheep?:P

How about the subject I was discussing with nikous? Hey, I want all of you to participate!

What will I earn if I submit my views? :P

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

zip_unzip

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο zip_unzip αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Α' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Φινλανδία (Ευρώπη). Έχει γράψει 354 μηνύματα.

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Μήτσος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών και Μαθητής Β' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 2,790 μηνύματα.
Personal satisfaction and inner serenity:P:D

I can earn exactly the same by consuming this:

I need something more persuasive:P

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
The users do not use this radiation, they (we) are just exposed to it.:P
[You were talking about the radiation that most of the devices that we use release and not about the radiation that people use for their own benefit (e.g. X Rays etc), right?]

:)
-----------------------------------------

Personal satisfaction and inner serenity:P:D

Actually, it is different. The modification "in technology" implies that technology makes use of radiation:P.

I can earn exactly the same by consuming this:

I need something more persuasive:P

My respect.

Whether you want it or not is another subject:P.

zip_unzip

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο zip_unzip αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Α' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Φινλανδία (Ευρώπη). Έχει γράψει 354 μηνύματα.
:lol::lol::lol:

I'm begging you Djimmakos, share your views with us:'( We will owe you for life.
-----------------------------------------
Actually, it is different. The modification "in technology" implies that technology makes use of radiation:P.

Did you eat something that was smelling bad today?:P:P:P:D:D:D

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

No, I am being honest with you.

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

But for being stable in my initial decisions, I will answer :P

Well, let's see.

We all know that technology has become an integral part of our lives and its evolution is vital, given that our needs are becoming more and more demanding. In order to cope with these rates, scientists implement non-natural techniques in producing goods (like the use of radiation). Someone can understand that these two facts compose a vicious circle. We want more and this results in doing things that deprive us of some other things we want (we want to eat meat, but we still want to be healthy). They are the different sides of the same coin.

This is the #1111 post of the thread..It will leave its footprints in history:lol:

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Oh, you have made some awful mistakes:(:P.

Yes, but don' t you understand that we might lose control if we 're not careful?

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Oh, you have made some awful mistakes:(:P.

Yes, but don' t you understand that we might lose control if we 're not careful?

Ok, I apologize. Will you forgive me? :sorry:

I was at the church before and the smell of the smoke has a terrible effect on my neural system :P

Well, it is more than sure that we will lose control in the near future..It is up to us to reverse it, though

zip_unzip

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

We all know that technology has become an integral part of our lives and its evolution is vital, given that our needs are becoming more and more demanding. In order to cope with these rates, scientists implement non-natural techniques in producing goods (like the use of radiation). Someone can understand that these two facts compose a vicious circle. We want more and this results in doing things that deprive us of some other things we want (we want to eat meat, but we still want to be healthy). They are the different sides of the same coin.

I completely agree with you. Today our needs are more demanding than ever, and thus we need something that will be capable of satisfying these needs. And this "something" is technology.

Technology has been making our life easier and safer.
Actually, humanity owes its survival to technology. It is doubtful whether humans would be able to survive without the progress of technology (medicines etc), without which we would be eating bananas on trees right now(:P). We wouldn't be able to use our PC at the moment, not only because we wouldn't even know what PCs are, but because we wouldn't have electricity, not even a house to live in. We would live in caves making company to wild animals. Technology is everything. We owe the quality of our life to technology. But we must use it with prudence. We must not use it to create weapons of massive destruction, we must not use it to harm other people or the nature (plants, animals). In cases in which harming the nature is inevitable (e.g. factories), we have to make sure to take the essential precautions and measures to limit this harm to the minimum possible.

I could have spent much more time writing about this issue, but I'm too tired for it right now.

:thanks:

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

I completely with you. Today our needs are more demanding than ever, and thus we need something that will be capable of satisfying these needs. And this "something" is technology.

Technology has been making our life easier and safer.
Actually, humanity owes its survival to technology. It is doubtful whether humans would be able to survive without the progress of technology (medicines etc), without which we would be eating bananas on trees right now(:P). You wouldn't be able to use your PC at the moment, not only because you wouldn't even know what PCs are, but because you wouldn't have electricity, not even a house to live in. You would live in caves making company to wild animals. Technology is everything. We owe the quality of our life to technology. But we must use it with prudence. We must not use it to create weapons of massive destruction, we must not use it to harm other people or the nature (plants, animals). In cases in which harming the nature is inevitable (e.g. factories), we have to make sure to take the essential precautions and measures to limit this harm to the minimum possible.

I could have spent much more time writing about this issue, but I'm too tired for it right now.

:thanks:

Something is missing :fss: :P

zip_unzip

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

:lol::lol::lol:

Letta

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Letta αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Απόφοιτος. Έχει γράψει 239 μηνύματα.
How can we say in English: "Μπορείτε να ανεβάσετε/χαμηλώσετε την ένταση?" για ραδιόφωνο πχ.

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Could you please increase/lower the volume of the radio? :)

Ναυσικά

Δραστήριο μέλος

Η Nαυσικά αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 411 μηνύματα.
gow dare you! Who do you think you are asking from a person like me to lower the volume of the radio?:P

asxeto:my english teacher a couple of weeks ago entered the classroom and found me, alone sitting there. He asked what happened and everybody was absent for me to reply we were taking major tests this week so they had stayed home to stufy.Suddenly, he turned and out of the blue he said:''Do you fight her?" I said"excuse me", believing i must have misunderstood his question.To my surprise, he restated the same question"Do you fight her" I went like"eh, fight who"cause i wasn't used in such expressions, i mean i couldnt imagine such synthax existed in the english language.Then, after pausing for a while, he said"παιδάκι μου, την παλεύεις;"
:P
dooong:P :lol:
what an idiot am i!

n1kous

Νεοφερμένος

Ο Νικος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 32 ετών και Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 68 μηνύματα.
I. No, you have asked me again:P. My dad' s Greek, my mom' s Dutch and I have grown up in a humble little town down in the island of Crete, my name isn' t Pete, 'n I' ve got cold feet.
II.:P
III. Alright, I didn' t mean to offend you! I am just having some difficulties reading your texts:P.
IV. Woof, woof:P.
I am at θετική, and I do not intend to be examined in that inhumane lesson called Ancient Greek:P. I aim to study Biology, so I think I am going to stay at the same school discipline.
What kind of faculty do you desire to go to?
V. Er, well, the thought that the term is a bit obsolete did actually cross my mind, but I was too enthusiastic a thinker and writer to erase it at the moment:P. Actually, there is nothing wrong with the words themselves, it' s just that some people have given them a different meaning.
VI. Ah, well, be cannot be sure. But I do believe that many people exaggerate with all those dangers that the use of technological equipment might sustain. Actually, if electronic devices were THAT dangerous, many people would have been dying of cancer. It is true that talking regularly on the mobile phone for hours -personally, I don' t have one- can bring about health afflictions, but their controlled use is not the most dangerous thing in the world, I believe. And when I refer to control, I mean that we shouldn' t use our mobile phone unless we have no other choice. Asking to use a cabled phone won' t make one sound poor, old-fashioned or mobilephone-phobic, if that' s what they think.
But then we come to GMs. And that is what can cause real problems. You mentioned something about DNA mutations. Well, quite a lot of scientists claim that the human organism does not have the necessary enzyms to break the molecules of the new DNA or the proteins the latter creates -to be precise, designs-. Consequently, cancer risk gets higher and higher.
I still have to say, though, that the danger of humanity' s being manipulated by food companies -you know, food is not something you can easily do without for a few days, unlike petroleum- is much, much greater than any health implication. I just don' t want Monsanto to control half of the Earth' s food trade.
VII. Don' t think that I did less mistakes:P. No that I see it, have written a silly " but I wish the best of luck" (forgetting to include the object, "you").:P:D

Ah, you did not offend anyone:D.

i want 2 become an instant translator/interpreter.
sorry 4 my long+difficult-to-understand msgs.i've told u about my jelly-like brain.
sth inside me was whispering my having asked smn bout their origins.so sorry:(...(i think i'm really close related 2 Sokrates-after all we both have the DEMON inside us:P)

we can also say turn it down/up....

and people don't forget that:"this used 2 be a Playhouse but now it's full of evil clowns":D

well if u ask me...i dont fite her with anything....

iwanna

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η iwanna αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Πτυχιούχος και μας γράφει απο Πειραιάς (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 373 μηνύματα.

Letta

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Letta αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Απόφοιτος. Έχει γράψει 239 μηνύματα.
I thought that the phrase "turn down" means "close".

iwanna

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η iwanna αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Πτυχιούχος και μας γράφει απο Πειραιάς (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 373 μηνύματα.
No.To turn down the sound/the volume means to lower it.When u wanna close it,u just say turn it off

Χρήστες Βρείτε παρόμοια