Ομιλείτε αγγλικά!

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
Thank you.

I (mainly my mother, but sometimes I like making pizza too:D) also use chilli, tomatoes, smoked turkey, and lots, lots of garlic! You can also mix oregano, fresh pepper and/or chilli or any other spice that you like with the deigh... (I forgot what the word for "zymh" is), no, it' s actually "dough"... anyway, with the dough:D.

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

Letta

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Letta αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Απόφοιτος. Έχει γράψει 239 μηνύματα.
What does "Never miss a bit" mean?

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
Well, never miss a bit could mean "μην χάσεις ποτέ ένα κομματάκι". It is most probable that it is accompanied by some other statements.

domenica7

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η domenica7 αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 32 ετών. Έχει γράψει 1,056 μηνύματα.

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ah, don' t complain, you edited your post and I didn' t notice it:P.

Well, they are inappropriate for consumption, but should (virtually, they are) be accepted for medical purposes.

domenica7

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η domenica7 αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 32 ετών. Έχει γράψει 1,056 μηνύματα.
Hey!What's up?:D
What are you gonna do in/on/at/during*Easter holidays?

*I've a small problem with prepositions as you can see..:P

Lacta144

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η Μαρία-Ειρήνη αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 30 ετών και Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 1,098 μηνύματα.
i'm going to :sleep:!!!!!!!!!!!you????

crazyfor

Νεοφερμένος

Η crazyfor αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 32 ετών και Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 3 μηνύματα.
hmm one sunday i guess i'll be sleeping too...as for the rest of my "days-off"...ehm...i don't wanna think about it!
we started an Easter topic so...favourite colour for easter eggs? red,yellow,green or blue?

n1kous

Νεοφερμένος

Ο Νικος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 32 ετών και Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 68 μηνύματα.
i'm studying dead!!!and it's bad!!!people avoid the damn class like the plague!!!it's soul-destroying,useless+noone should never go through it!

i hate eggs!so blue -since it's the most kitsch-or green is perfect!it's just makes them justice!

GMs is so discussed a topic that the arguments are pretty much the same.for instance:"GMs r bad , 'coz' it's against the law of nature" or "GMs are fine,they r the answer to famine problems"

so i put this topic forward:

do u believe that the lifestyle we r leading 2day will eventually lead us 2 destruction.more specifically d u think that all the food we consume and all the radiation we r exposed 2,will finally take their toll on us?do u think that our genes r growing stronger or weaker?discuss!

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Hey!What's up?:D
What are you gonna do in/on/at/during*Easter holidays?

*I've a small problem with prepositions as you can see..:P

When you refer to a period of time that is longer than the event it is centred around or to one that is not a standard time unit, you should use during.

What I am going to do? Well, study (for school), study (for me), surf the web, maybe go to see granma and for a walk. Nothing special, really. I' d like to go to Heraklion one of these days (I dunno, I feel like shopping, I have already ordered some stuff from Plaisio:D), but I have to... look after my little sister... Never mind... It would be difficult to find someone to go with anyway:D.

i'm studying dead!!!and it's bad!!!people avoid the damn class like the plague!!!it's soul-destroying,useless+noone should never go through it!

i hate eggs!so blue -since it's the most kitsch-or green is perfect!it's just makes them justice!

GMs is so discussed a topic that the arguments are pretty much the same.for instance:"GMs r bad , 'coz' it's against the law of nature" or "GMs are fine,they r the answer to famine problems"

so i put this topic forward:

do u believe that the lifestyle we r leading 2day will eventually lead us 2 destruction.more specifically d u think that all the food we consume and all the radiation we r exposed 2,will finally take their toll on us?do u think that our genes r growing stronger or weaker?discuss!

Er... Aren' t U being a bit 222222222222222 casual?:P

I mean, that "no one should never go through it" doesn' t sound nice:(.

Never mind, enough with my nagging:P. I can' t get myself in your shoes -as far as the ordeal of the 3rd class of Lyceum is concerned-, but I wish the best of luck. Be patient, there' s only one and a half (maybe less, I never did well with the sense of time:D) months left!

Ah... Our lifestyle... I guess you refer to the lives that people in the industrialised world lead.

First of all, we have to make clear that food supply is enough for everyone in the world. More than enough. So there is absolutely no sense in talking about a danger of famine. People are not starving due to global food deficiency, but due to the selfsame lifestyle we are talking about -the economical exploitation of Third World countries is what allows us (mistake, not us, but food merchants) to buy food at low prices-. Almost all households in the West throw food away, because they buy -and cook- more than they need. OK, I don' t say that we should eat food with mold:P. We could, though, make more careful projections of our nutritional needs. Not to mention that quite a lot of people often consume extreme quantities of food -let' s say, kilos of meat or lots of hamburgers/gyros pies, according, always, which country we are talking about-.

Secondly, no radiation from everyday appliances or GM food is able to exterminate the human species. Many people might have health problems, mutations could take place, but that does not mean that all those things can be a direct threat for humanity.

If we are going to be under threat by someone, that is going to be ourselves. Food companies, electronic companies... There are huge financial interests involved in the subject of our lifestyle, interests that may cause political turmoil, intense international relationships and even war -though manipulation is always preferred, owing to its relatively bloodless character-. The recent series of wars involving the USA (the Gulf War, the war against Tito, the war in Afghanistan and the war in Iraq) are clear examples of how those interests work. If wars continue to occur, they might even lead to a nuclear disaster. Most western countries have forgotten the pain and might of war, whilst peace has given them no reason to be happy, for it is international, not sociopolitical. It wouldn' t be a surprise for many series of wars to break up. (We should destroy weapons before it is too late.)

So here comes an obvious threat that we have to deal with. And, as I am too tired to develop that huge part of this conversation, I will leave it for later, or up to you!

Oh, and as far as genes are concerned, there is no point in talking about "strong genes" or "weak genes". Whether a gene is strong or weak is dependent on the conditions around the corresponding organism. A gene for a long neck -actually, there might be or there might not be a gene for a long neck, but we are refering to such a gene in favour of simplicity- is strong in a habitat where food is only available on tall trees, it is weak, though, in one that it is also available on the ground, as a long neck makes the species that posess it an easier target for predators, relatively to other species.

n1kous

Νεοφερμένος

Ο Νικος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 32 ετών και Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 68 μηνύματα.
a.is ur mother/father/maybe u native or sth ?
b.i think u got 2 carried away
c.far-fetcing is welcome-this is no "topic regulation" council here
d.2222222222222222222222 casual?you have no idea!my complete freedom has gone 2 the dogs!i dunno what ur final orientation will be in the 12th grade,but just let it not be θεωρητικη.decapitation feels like a ticket 2 paradise rite now!books having titles as history OR literature have rendered themselves as obligatory textbooks so as 2 get through the national exams
e.we no longer call them third world countries....developing countries is the name that every man who wants 2 call themselves a MAN(=human)should call them...but of cource u didn know.i'm not judging -it's just that i've had quite some experience with the name+a meatball-guy so u should just take it as a personal opinion of mine-ie no offence
f.i don't quite c when i used the word eterminate(the human species) OR any of the kind.so here is an example of what i meant:
we eat all that amount of junk food.how can we be sure that it wont be extremely harmful 4 our health-don't forget that cancer can be caused by a mutation of the human DNA,which CAN be caused by our exposure 2 the sunlite,the microwaves,the tv set and eventually the food we consume-OR could it be possible that all that fuss about GMs+stuff is at the end of the day just bcoz research is vague about their effects on human nature?could there be no side effects at all but just the thought of the unknown that makes us think we're giving death a guest role?
g.any corrections r welcome.i'm half dozed-off in front of the pc set.if i was 2 hard on anyboby u r free to swear-but i didn't mean it in a bad way,it's just the fact that pc's stil 2 impersonal for me and i'm unable to express my sayings in a pc way that wont offend anyone.
p.s."g"was my way of not offending u guys-it's also possible that my train of thought is hoard 2 follow,but studying has turned my brain into a taperware full of melted creepy jelly.

f.whoever is 2 bored reading my msg just skip it.i do nothing but rambling(?)away ,anyway...:jumpy:

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

I. No, you have asked me again:P. My dad' s Greek, my mom' s Dutch and I have grown up in a humble little town down in the island of Crete, my name isn' t Pete, 'n I' ve got cold feet.
II.:P
III. Alright, I didn' t mean to offend you! I am just having some difficulties reading your texts:P.
IV. Woof, woof:P.
I am at θετική, and I do not intend to be examined in that inhumane lesson called Ancient Greek:P. I aim to study Biology, so I think I am going to stay at the same school discipline.
What kind of faculty do you desire to go to?
V. Er, well, the thought that the term is a bit obsolete did actually cross my mind, but I was too enthusiastic a thinker and writer to erase it at the moment:P. Actually, there is nothing wrong with the words themselves, it' s just that some people have given them a different meaning.
VI. Ah, well, be cannot be sure. But I do believe that many people exaggerate with all those dangers that the use of technological equipment might sustain. Actually, if electronic devices were THAT dangerous, many people would have been dying of cancer. It is true that talking regularly on the mobile phone for hours -personally, I don' t have one- can bring about health afflictions, but their controlled use is not the most dangerous thing in the world, I believe. And when I refer to control, I mean that we shouldn' t use our mobile phone unless we have no other choice. Asking to use a cabled phone won' t make one sound poor, old-fashioned or mobilephone-phobic, if that' s what they think.
But then we come to GMs. And that is what can cause real problems. You mentioned something about DNA mutations. Well, quite a lot of scientists claim that the human organism does not have the necessary enzyms to break the molecules of the new DNA or the proteins the latter creates -to be precise, designs-. Consequently, cancer risk gets higher and higher.
I still have to say, though, that the danger of humanity' s being manipulated by food companies -you know, food is not something you can easily do without for a few days, unlike petroleum- is much, much greater than any health implication. I just don' t want Monsanto to control half of the Earth' s food trade.
VII. Don' t think that I did less mistakes:P. No that I see it, have written a silly " but I wish the best of luck" (forgetting to include the object, "you").:P:D

Ah, you did not offend anyone:D.

domenica7

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

I. No, you have asked me again:P. My dad' s Greek, my mom' s Dutch and I have grown up in a humble little town down in the island of Crete, my name isn' t Pete, 'n I' ve got cold feet.
II.:P
III. Alright, I didn' t mean to offend you! I am just having some difficulties reading your texts:P.
IV. Woof, woof:P.
I am at θετική, and I do not intend to be examined in that inhumane lesson called Ancient Greek:P. I aim to study Biology, so I think I am going to stay at the same school discipline.
What kind of faculty do you desire to go to?
V. Er, well, the thought that the term is a bit obsolete did actually cross my mind, but I was too enthusiastic a thinker and writer to erase it at the moment:P. Actually, there is nothing wrong with the words themselves, it' s just that some people have given them a different meaning.
VI. Ah, well, be cannot be sure. But I do believe that many people exaggerate with all those dangers that the use of technological equipment might sustain. Actually, if electronic devices were THAT dangerous, many people would have been dying of cancer. It is true that talking regularly on the mobile phone for hours -personally, I don' t have one- can bring about health afflictions, but their controlled use is not the most dangerous thing in the world, I believe. And when I refer to control, I mean that we shouldn' t use our mobile phone unless we have no other choice. Asking to use a cabled phone won' t make one sound poor, old-fashioned or mobilephone-phobic, if that' s what they think.
But then we come to GMs. And that is what can cause real problems. You mentioned something about DNA mutations. Well, quite a lot of scientists claim that the human organism does not have the necessary enzyms to break the molecules of the new DNA or the proteins the latter creates -to be precise, designs-. Consequently, cancer risk gets higher and higher.
I still have to say, though, that the danger of humanity' s being manipulated by food companies -you know, food is not something you can easily do without for a few days, unlike petroleum- is much, much greater than any health implication. I just don' t want Monsanto to control half of the Earth' s food trade.

VII. Don' t think that I did less mistakes:P. No that I see it, have written a silly " but I wish the best of luck" (forgetting to include the object, "you").:D

Ah, you did not offend anyone:D.

I want to answer you as long as the bold text,but I can't express what I'm thinking in english.:(I don't want to make you correcting my post for the rest Easter holidays.:P

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Μήτσος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών και Μαθητής Β' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 2,790 μηνύματα.
I want to answer you as long as the bold text,but I can't express what I'm thinking in english.:(I don't want to make you correcting my post for the rest Easter holidays.:P

The phrase as long as means "under some circumstances"...Maybe erasing the :long as: would be just fine:P
Now, the correct form is "make someone do sth", so you should not use the gerund form:P
Finally, you must add a "of the" after the word rest

:P

I am evil, I know..Crookshanks taught me this way :P
Thank you teacher :P

Oh, almost forgot it...I am keen on writing essays and compiling extended answers..Crook, are you aware of anything interesting that we can discuss?

domenica7

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

The phrase as long as means "under some circumstances"...Maybe erasing the :long as: would be just fine:P
Now, the correct form is "make someone do sth", so you should not use the gerund form:P

Oh, almost forgot it...I am keen on writing essays and compiling extended answers..Crook, do you have anything interesting to discuss?

hahaha..Oh,shit!I wrote just two lines and I made more than 3 errors.Thanks God I didn't answer to Crook post..:P

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Μήτσος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών και Μαθητής Β' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 2,790 μηνύματα.

domenica7

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Djimmako I will break your moyrh next time you correct a post of mine less than two lines.:P:P:lol2:

zip_unzip

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο zip_unzip αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Α' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Φινλανδία (Ευρώπη). Έχει γράψει 354 μηνύματα.
Djimmako I will break your moyrh next time you correct a post of mine less than two lines.:P:P:lol2:

"Djimmako, I will break your mouth (?) the next time you will correct a post of mine which is less than two lines."

:)

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Never mind, you should try nevertheless:D.

Oh, almost forgot it...I am keen on writing essays and compiling extended answers..Crook, are you aware of anything interesting that we can discuss?

I didn' t teach you that, you' re the old one in this English topic (and in correcting:D).

Well, what' s more interesting than counting sheep?:P

How about the subject I was discussing with nikous? Hey, I want all of you to participate!

Crookshanks', you %@%#^^:P.

"Djimmako, I will break your mouth (?) the next time you will correct a post of mine, which is less than two lines."

:)

Without the last comma:P.

zip_unzip

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο zip_unzip αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Α' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Φινλανδία (Ευρώπη). Έχει γράψει 354 μηνύματα.
What were you discussing with Nikos?

Χρήστες Βρείτε παρόμοια