Ομιλείτε αγγλικά!

X-FILER

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η Χάιδω αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτήτρια. Έχει γράψει 1,969 μηνύματα.

Green 13

Δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Κώστας αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών, Μαθητής Α' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Χαλκίδα (Εύβοια). Έχει γράψει 565 μηνύματα.
Maybe its early enough to talk about Christmas

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

X-FILER

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η Χάιδω αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτήτρια. Έχει γράψει 1,969 μηνύματα.
i don't think so....just 30 days!!!!!!!!!!! :jumpy:

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
I don't understand the syntax you are using. Do you mean "It's too early to talk about Christmas"?

add to you list "Last Christmas" and 12 days of xmas-relient k :inlove:

Everyone' s got "Last Christmas"!

Never heard of the other song. It' s a remix of a classical one.

X-FILER

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Never heard of the other song. It' s a remix of a classical one.

i hadn't either,i recently disconered relient k and someof their songs.i don't like this one much,but i just suggested it :xixi:

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
Aha! So! Let us talk about your favourite element of Christmas! What makes you happy and joyful during this feast?

sofia_93

Νεοφερμένος

Η Σοφια αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 30 ετών, Μαθητής Α' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Λάρισα (Λάρισα). Έχει γράψει 20 μηνύματα.
well,in xmas i like the xmas tree...the snow(if there is)...the xmas songs...the people out...and of course i like the gifts....:)

X-FILER

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

the whole atmosphere...the smell of burnt wood in the fireplace,the gifts :D...the cold out there...and of course the fun you have with friends...going out,laughing...thus,i hate the songs and the fake i-love-you-all spirit,as this is when we remember those in peril and those in plight.and the rest of the year we don't even think they exist,they seem very pretentious

personGR

Νεοφερμένος

Ο Χριστόφορος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 32 ετών, Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Τύρναβος (Λάρισα). Έχει γράψει 117 μηνύματα.
thus,i hate the songs and the fake i-love-you-all spirit,as this is when we remember those in peril and those in plight.and the rest of the year we don't even think they exist,they seem very pretentious

Don't you find this situation a bit cynic?
I mean this is the religious meaning of Christmas! Love...

X-FILER

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Don't you find this situation a bit cynic?
I mean this is the religious meaning of Christmas! Love...

sure,but there's the rest of the year to remember the others,not only 2 weeks a year

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

sure,but there's the rest of the year to remember the others,not only 2 weeks a year

Of course, some people may not do that only for a fortnight every year.

heili scott

Νεοφερμένος

Η Αθηνά αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 32 ετών, Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Βραχναίικα (Αχαΐα). Έχει γράψει 30 μηνύματα.
unfortunately there is no time to be bored......But if you wanna know how i fullfill my schedule I'll let you know.Well,first of all I study,then of course I study and finally mention that I study.Fun, isn't it??????:)

Now tell me have ever played baseball or softball??????

guess

Δραστήριο μέλος

Η guess αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 30 ετών και Απόφοιτος. Έχει γράψει 478 μηνύματα.
No,i've never played...:(

So, i'm very glad these days,because i'll go in one month to Germany...

Are you planning Christmas holidays ?

X-FILER

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Of course, some people may not do that only for a fortnight every year.

i agree with you,but that's when most of them take action.they see their goods,their new god-knows-how-much-it-cost handbag,the tones of toys,the christmas tree elaborated with presents,full to bursting,and they splash it out.and then,when their party is in full swing,they remember that almost the other half of this planet dies out of thirst and hunger.isn't this hilarious?of course,i don't contemn them.God said help the others whenever you can.but i think that this sometimes is a shame,because God also said "give things that you will forfeit,not things that you have to spare"(--->my translation and whoever understood is really wise:P:D)

ooh,yes,we do :D

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

unfortunately there is no time to be bored......But if you wanna know how i fullfill my schedule I'll let you know.Well,first of all I study,then of course I study and finally mention that I study.Fun, isn't it??????:)

Now tell me have ever played baseball or softball??????

Nope! Though I would like to.
No,i've never played...:(

So, i'm very glad these days,because i'll go in one month to Germany...

Lucky you! Of course you should be happy! Christmas in Germany is much more joyful than here, and full of beauty!

Unfortunately, I am going to stay home for Christmas:'(:'(:'(.

i agree with you,but that's when most of them take action.they see their goods,their new god-knows-how-much-it-cost handbag,the tones of toys,the christmas tree elaborated with presents,full to bursting,and they splash it out.and then,when their party is in full swing,they remember that almost the other half of this planet dies out of thirst and hunger.isn't this hilarious?of course,i don't contemn them.God said help the others whenever you can.but i think that this sometimes is a shame,because God also said "give things that you will forfeit,not things that you have to spare"(--->my translation and whoever understood is really wise:P:D)

That is another great issue... Colonisation and foreign conquest have led many countries, especially in Africa, in a humble and destitute condition. Many people around the world make donations to NGOs, and many governments fund food-distributing and development programmes for countries in the Third World. However, more than half a century after the end of the colonial status, the majority of these countries remains extremely poor. Whether the fault lies upon the West or on those developing countries -if they develop at all- is pretty controversial. I read an interesting article of an African who claims that large sums of money destinated for development and facilitation is secretely exploited by officials. Corruption, he says, is a problem not only among officials, but also among lay people, who learn corruptive practices even from school.

What do you have to day about that?

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Μήτσος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών και Μαθητής Β' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 2,790 μηνύματα.
Does anyone know when schools are going to stop functioning (:p) for vacations?

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Is that what you have to say about the topic I introduced? Why doesn't anyone nearly ever discuss what I am setting as a point?:'(

I think that schools break up on the twenty-somethingth of December.

X-FILER

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

That is another great issue... Colonisation and foreign conquest have led many countries, especially in Africa, in a humble and destitute condition. Many people around the world make donations to NGOs, and many governments fund food-distributing and development programmes for countries in the Third World. However, more than half a century after the end of the colonial status, the majority of these countries remains extremely poor. Whether the fault lies upon the West or on those developing countries -if they develop at all- is pretty controversial. I read an interesting article of an African who claims that large sums of money destinated for development and facilitation is secretely exploited by officials. Corruption, he says, is a problem not only among officials, but also among lay people, who learn corruptive practices even from school.

What do you have to day about that?

this cannot be disputed.government,officials and all those supposedly in charge of these donations exploit the money.they use them for other purposes and many of them end up in the state's...safe:P.this doesn't happen only in Africa,but also with other sums of money and endows.in Sri Lanka,in case of fires/earthquakes/floods....man tries to make money in the easiest(which happes to be the most corrupted)way...corruption is the characteristic of modern society,whether we like it or not.there's no question in that.
what do you have to say about countries where the half of them is stinky rich and the other is in appalling conditions?take Kuala Lumpur in Malaisia for example.people are so rich that they can afford anything they could wish for.the other side of the coin is less pleasant:people live in slums,they die because they don't have vaccines against preventable diseases and food.that's the unequality that exists in our "perfect" world.
i don't think that this problem could ever be solved.everything has to be demolished and built up again.solutions such as donations and sending food just scratch the surface of the problem.is it really worth it going on living like this?because i do know that for every mouthful of food i throw away,a kid dies.can't we feel that we live οn dying people?

Does anyone know when schools are going to stop functioning () for vacations?

december 23rd :D

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

this cannot be disputed.government,officials and all those supposedly in charge of these donations exploit the money.they use them for other purposes and many of them end up in the state's...safe:P.this doesn't happen only in Africa,but also with other sums of money and endows.in Sri Lanka,in case of fires/earthquakes/floods....man tries to make money in the easiest(which happes to be the most corrupted)way...corruption is the characteristic of modern society,whether we like it or not.there's no question in that.
what do you have to say about countries where the half of them is stinky rich and the other is in appalling conditions?take Kuala Lumpur in Malaisia for example.people are so rich that they can afford anything they could wish for.the other side of the coin is less pleasant:people live in slums,they die because they don't have vaccines against preventable diseases and food.that's the unequality that exists in our "perfect" world.
i don't think that this problem could ever be solved.everything has to be demolished and built up again.solutions such as donations and sending food just scratch the surface of the problem.is it really worth it going on living like this?because i do know that for every mouthful of food i throw away,a kid dies.can't we feel that we live οn dying people?

december 23rd :D

Money is an uncountable noun.:P

In general, I agree with you. The only point that I want to comment is that even if this problem cannot be solved, it can be tackled, so that the situation ameliorates.

george_k214

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο Γιώργος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 33 ετών και Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 338 μηνύματα.
-(a little bit) off-topic!:P-

Crookshanks,how come you speak english that well?For how long have you been studying this language?

Χρήστες Βρείτε παρόμοια