Ομιλείτε αγγλικά!

ΑΓΝΗΓΙΩΡΓΟΣ

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η ΑΓΝΗΓΙΩΡΓΟΣ αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Έχει γράψει 828 μηνύματα.
I hate honeyspaghettis and all these traditional christmas' sweets but i love filled(δεν ξέρω αν το λέω καλά) turkey....

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 14 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

myrto.s

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η myrto.s αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 1,379 μηνύματα.
Whatever!
I like the turkey too but without the liver in it.

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 14 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

D.Gray-man

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο D.Gray-man αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών, Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Θεσσαλονίκη (Θεσσαλονίκη). Έχει γράψει 316 μηνύματα.
Oh My God...You hate Small Honey Cakes and those lovely traditional kourampiedes? You can't imagine what you 're missing!

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
Oh, I don' t eat liver either. I am not a vampire:P.

I also hate mushrooms. Bloody little pieces of mold:angry:.
Ah, kourabiedes are much better than Small Honey Cakes:P.

(IMHO)

ΑΓΝΗΓΙΩΡΓΟΣ

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η ΑΓΝΗΓΙΩΡΓΟΣ αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Έχει γράψει 828 μηνύματα.
Oh My God...You hate Small Honey Cakes and those lovely traditional kourampiedes? You can't imagine what you 're missing!

I think don't lose anything...Believe me i hate melomakarona and kurabiedes(not yummi)...I prefer creams.....These are tasty....
(αν κάνω κανένα λαθάκι διορθώστε με σας παρακαλώ γιατί θέλω να βελτιωθώ στα αγγλικά και για αυτό ο λόγο γράφω εδώ.Είναι καλό για εξάσκηση)

juste un instant

Επιφανές μέλος

Ο Βασίλης αυτή τη στιγμή είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Πτυχιούχος και μας γράφει απο Αφρική. Έχει γράψει 30,173 μηνύματα.
I don't like kourambiedes, I prefer melomakarona:P

twilight_girl

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Δέσποινα αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 27 ετών, Μαθητής Γ' γυμνασίου και μας γράφει απο Πεύκα (Θεσσαλονίκη). Έχει γράψει 234 μηνύματα.
Lol...I love twilight saga and Robert Pattinson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:)

myrto.s

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η myrto.s αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 1,379 μηνύματα.
Yeah, I hate them too. They have a disgusting smell and taste. I also hate artichokes. I hate them more than twilight and Robert Pattinson. Imagine that!

twilight_girl

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Δέσποινα αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 27 ετών, Μαθητής Γ' γυμνασίου και μας γράφει απο Πεύκα (Θεσσαλονίκη). Έχει γράψει 234 μηνύματα.
I want to bite me a vampire...I want to become a vampire now!!!!:xixi:

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
You don' t want a vampire to bite you, trust me.

It just doesn' t suit you.

They live exclusively on raw material:P.

Lita Athens

Δραστήριο μέλος

Η Lita Athens αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 541 μηνύματα.
Hi! I hate both small honey cakes (interesting and quite accurate translation, by the way!) and traditional "kourampiedes" (the smell of butter makes me sick)...! I mostly prefer chocolate cakes and brownies and almost anything that has chocolate stuffing...!:inlove:

meidei

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο meidei αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Β' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Κύπρος (Ευρώπη). Έχει γράψει 381 μηνύματα.
I want to bite me a vampire...I want to become a vampire now!!!!:xixi:
Hm... Is it your syntax wrong or is it that my English sucks?

I like melomakárona, by the way.

Lita Athens

Δραστήριο μέλος

Η Lita Athens αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 541 μηνύματα.
I think don't lose anything...Believe me i hate melomakarona and kurabiedes(not yummi)...I prefer creams.....These are tasty....
(αν κάνω κανένα λαθάκι διορθώστε με σας παρακαλώ γιατί θέλω να βελτιωθώ στα αγγλικά και για αυτό ο λόγο γράφω εδώ.Είναι καλό για εξάσκηση)
Since you asked to be corrected, please allow me to underscore just one mistake...!
The phrase "I think I don't lose anything" is not an english one...! It's actually word per word translation from the greek idiom "Δεν χάνω και τίποτε"...! In other words, it's not a phrase used by english native speakers and it doesn't make much sense in their language...! If told to a native, this phrase could mean that you don't think you've lost something, literally - for example you don't think you've lost your stuff or something!!!

In order for you to say what you meant to underline by trasnlating the afore-mentioned greek idiom, you could use the phrase "I don't think there's something for me to lose" or "I don't believe I have anything to lose, by not eating these particular sweets"!
I hope I helped!

Kind regards,
Lita Athens
-----------------------------------------
For the record, the other sentences you wrote are correct as far as their grammar and syntax are concerned! However, you could have used more ellaborate vocabulary and you could have tried connecting the phrases by certain "linking words"- conjuctions!

Friendly regards,
Lita Athens
Whatever!
I like the turkey too but without the liver in it.
I don't like stuffed turkey very much... I can't stand the smell of this particular dish... I didn't know it had liver in it... that's disgusting (at least, according to me)! I could never imagine eating liver...

As far as the other festive dishes are concerned, I mostly prefer chicken (without the stuffing) or pork...

I really like the traditional "δίπλες" as well as any kind of chocolate stuffed sweet...! I absolutely love chocolate...:inlove: i couldn't imagine life without it...!:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Hi! I hate both small honey cakes (interesting and quite accurate translation, by the way!) and traditional "kourampiedes" (the smell of butter makes me sick)...! I mostly prefer chocolate cakes and brownies and almost anything that has chocolate stuffing...!:inlove:

OH, YES! That is GOOD!
I wanna bake some brownies tomorrow.:P Let' s hope they are not gonna end up very dry... I don' t mind if they still drip a little:D.

Did you know, however, that brownies contain butter, too?:P

Hm... Is it your syntax wrong or is it that my English sucks?

I like melomakárona, by the way.

I want a vampire to bite me would be better, I think.

I don't like stuffed turkey very much... I can't stand the smell of this particular dish... I didn't know it had liver in it... that's disgusting (at least, according to me)! I could never imagine eating liver...

Ah, well, maybe that' s why:P.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r1akLZkVe4[/ame]

Objectively, there are hundreds of stuffed turkey recipes out there, and you might find that some do suit your taste.

As far as the other festive dishes are concerned, I mostly prefer chicken (without the stuffing) or pork...

I really like the traditional "δίπλες" as well as any kind of chocolate stuffed sweet...! I absolutely love chocolate...:inlove: i couldn't imagine life without it...!:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Well, I could. It would be less fatty:P.

But no, I won' t buy it. Chocolate is adorable:D.

Lita Athens

Δραστήριο μέλος

OH, YES! That is GOOD!
I wanna bake some brownies tomorrow.:P Let' s hope they are not gonna end up very dry... I don' t mind if they still drip a little:D.

Did you know, however, that brownies contain butter, too?:P
The ones that haven't been fully baked and are not very dry inside are the best!!! Actually, the more they're dripping, the better!!!

I knew about the butter... that's what makes them fattening, yet at the same time so delicious...!!!
P.S: The butter in "kourapiedes" that smells terribly is what makes me sick...
The butter contained in brownies and this kind of sweets doesn't smell like that...
P.S 2 : Come on guys, let's try to keep this topic alive!!!

kotsis1

Δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Δημήτρης αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών, Μαθητής Β' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Συκιές (Θεσσαλονίκη). Έχει γράψει 421 μηνύματα.
Well,frankly,I know almost nothing about cookery,so I hope you don't mind if we talk about sth else at the same time.You are free to go on with your sweet-conversation,but try to sychronise with the new subject we are going to negotiate(or,anyway,I am going to:)),as well.

So,how did you guys spend your holidays?Or how would you want to spend the christmas holidays?

Personally,I spent my holidays sleeping,going out,reading literary books(The portrait of Dorian Gray,Μήπως;, and I am currently reading Bizuhnos's short stories,although I am wondering why it takes me too much to read all of them:))and last but not least passing time in front of my adorable PC-screen,without doing anything constructive at all.

Your turn guys,but pls acknowledge for once and again that my knowledge on cooking is limited by far,so pay some attention to the new subject if possible.

:bye:

Orestes

Δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Ορέστης αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 31 ετών, Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Αμπελόκηποι (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 680 μηνύματα.
Kotsis, I've just noticed that you live in Sykies... Why is the place called Sykies anyways??? Is it because of the high gay population or does the name derive from the homonymous tree that grows there?

Lita Athens

Δραστήριο μέλος

Well,frankly,I know almost nothing about cookery,so I hope you don't mind if we talk about sth else at the same time.You are free to go on with your sweet-conversation,but try to sychronise with the new subject we are going to negotiate(or,anyway,I am going to:)),as well.

So,how did you guys spend your holidays?Or how would you want to spend the christmas holidays?

Personally,I spent my holidays sleeping,going out,reading literary books(The portrait of Dorian Gray,Μήπως;, and I am currently reading Bizuhnos's short stories,although I am wondering why it takes me too much to read all of them:))and last but not least passing time in front of my adorable PC-screen,without doing anything constructive at all.

Your turn guys,but pls acknowledge for once and again that my knowledge on cooking is limited by far,so pay some attention to the new subject if possible.

:bye:

I don't know anything about cookery either... I 've just mentioned the sweets I prefer... this doesn't mean though that I can cook them!!!:P

As far as the other issue raised is concerned (the one regarding christmas holidays), I must admit I have had a very nice time so far... Even though I didn't go on vocation and I stayed in Athens, in order to study for the forth-coming exams at the university, I spent these days with family and friends!!!

I read some books as well (english and greek literature)... By the way, Oscar Wild, whose book you've read, is one of my favourite authors!!!

kotsis1

Δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Δημήτρης αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών, Μαθητής Β' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Συκιές (Θεσσαλονίκη). Έχει γράψει 421 μηνύματα.
Kotsis, I've just noticed that you live in Sykies... Why is the place called Sykies anyways??? Is it because of the high gay population or does the name derive from the homonymous tree that grows there?

I guess for the second,but that doesn't necessarily revoke the first supposition:D

Lita,good luck with your exams.Regarding your posts in here,you seem a highly conscientious student and person in general.So,I wouldn't argue that you will pass each and every subject with flying colours.:)

I was looking forward to reading one of Wilde's books for many days,but I just did it a week ago.To tell you the truth,while reading the book I didn't feel any high feeling,but the suspense was intensified through specific scenes and especially at the second part of the story,when the protagonist has grown up and he starts realising the situation in which he has found himself.The ending was a real contradiction to the whole story,when actually remorses reign over youth and beauty.Anyway,if anybody hasn't read the book,they should definitely do it.

Another asset is also that Wilde's writing is still revolutionary,although he lived almost a century before us.Taking into account the social framework in which he has written his books,we can call him without a doubt a great writer and innovator at the same time.Hope everyone was that open-minded in our days as Wilde was...

Lita,how do you generally find your studies at the uni?Would you advice anybody to follow your steps(:P:):D) and opt for greek?

Lita Athens

Δραστήριο μέλος

I guess for the second,but that doesn't necessarily revoke the first supposition:D

Lita,good luck with your exams.Regarding your posts in here,you seem a highly conscientious student and person in general.So,I wouldn't argue that you will pass each and every subject with flying colours.:)

I was looking forward to reading one of Wilde's books for many days,but I just did it a week ago.To tell you the truth,while reading the book I didn't feel any high feeling,but the suspense was intensified through specific scenes and especially at the second part of the story,when the protagonist has grown up and he starts realising the situation in which he has found himself.The ending was a real contradiction to the whole story,when actually remorses reign over youth and beauty.Anyway,if anybody hasn't read the book,they should definitely do it.

Another asset is also that Wilde's writing is still revolutionary,although he lived almost a century before us.Taking into account the social framework in which he has written his books,we can call him without a doubt a great writer and innovator at the same time.Hope everyone was that open-minded in our days as Wilde was...

Lita,how do you generally find your studies at the uni?Would you advice anybody to follow your steps(:P:):D) and opt for greek?

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your kindness and your wishes!!!:)

I wish you as well good luck in each and every step you'll decide to take!!!

I find your commnets on Wilde very thorough and quite accurate.
He underscored the social hypocracy of the Victorian era, using remarkable irony and sarcasm in a very innovative manner... He was indeed an open - minded writer... Did you know that he was imprisoned because he was homosexual? I think this fact is what actually made him so sarcastic towards the society and the believes of his time... In general, I find the way he "rebells" through his books highly admirable!

As far as your second question is concerned, the one about my studies, I have to mention that greek literature (and literature in general) was a subject I always found interesting and quite thought - provoking...! I would advise someone to opt for greek studies and literature studies in general, only if they REALLY like literature and languages, since it's unfortunately a field a bit underestimated here in Greece due to low work potentials...

P.S.: I' ve noticed that you use english very well and you're pretty fluent regarding all the aspects of a language (vocabulary, grammar, syntax)! Where have you been learning english? Are you a native speaker, by any chance?

Χρήστες Βρείτε παρόμοια