Ομιλείτε αγγλικά!

SCULLY

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η SCULLY αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 31 ετών και Μαθητής Β' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 1,057 μηνύματα.
the way we celebrate Christmas nowdays is just one more sign of the globalization and it has become a product of some companies (commercials etc just like you said)..eg Santa Claus-h0h0h0 (:P) is a global "tradition" invented by ...Coca-Cola..I'm not sayin that this is necessarily bad but when it comes to extreme profit-making commercials,shows etc ( eg lets make a concert with famous singers all over over the world which will cost some million dollars and we're gonna give percent of the ticket-profit to the poor people in Africa coz we are good and sensitive people...)it is pretty fake..

My point is that people use Christmas as a good reason to (over)eat,(over)drink, spend their money for nonsense and then remember that ONLY this time of the year some people suffer...remember that Christmas is a celebration of love ( not only for the Christians..I think the meaning refers to everybody) and then give the poor the crumbs from their Christmas table...Isn't it hypocritical? Isn't this kind of "love" too fake to be true ?

ideal Christmas..hmm..I think that all the people,no matter what religion they (dont) believe in, should be reminded that we need to live in peace and love ( dont misunderstand what I say..in every single day this should be humanity's target,not only in Christmas but since every day life wears down our ideals, Christmas can renew our try..).We dont need any hypocritical shows nor public charities and stuff...all we need is finding again the real human communication we had lost..now especially for the ones who have religion interest in the celebration , let them do what they think is right according to their beliefs..

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Μήτσος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών και Μαθητής Β' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 2,790 μηνύματα.
Too much bla bla :p...

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

sonia

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η sonia αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 45 ετών και Καθηγητής. Έχει γράψει 209 μηνύματα.
you mean environmental?
i agree with her.just try to relax,answer in a clear and confident manner(?but remember not to loll back on your seat!:P:lol:)and you'll do your best.my english teacher said that it is of prime importance to enter the examination room with a smile!;)the oral examination is my favourite part of the exams:P:D
you're right :):no1:
Speed is my excuse......

Green 13

Δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Κώστας αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών, Μαθητής Α' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Χαλκίδα (Εύβοια). Έχει γράψει 565 μηνύματα.
Ομιλούμε και επισήμως με πτυχίο Michigan και βαθμο Pass...

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
the way we celebrate Christmas nowdays is just one more sign of the globalization and it has become a product of some companies (commercials etc just like you said)..eg Santa Claus-h0h0h0 (:P) is a global "tradition" invented by ...Coca-Cola..I'm not sayin that this is necessarily bad but when it comes to extreme profit-making commercials,shows etc ( eg lets make a concert with famous singers all over over the world which will cost some million dollars and we're gonna give percent of the ticket-profit to the poor people in Africa coz we are good and sensitive people...)it is pretty fake..

My point is that people use Christmas as a good reason to (over)eat,(over)drink, spend their money for nonsense and then remember that ONLY this time of the year some people suffer...remember that Christmas is a celebration of love ( not only for the Christians..I think the meaning refers to everybody) and then give the poor the crumbs from their Christmas table...Isn't it hypocritical? Isn't this kind of "love" too fake to be true ?

ideal Christmas..hmm..I think that all the people,no matter what religion they (dont) believe in, should be reminded that we need to live in peace and love ( dont misunderstand what I say..in every single day this should be humanity's target,not only in Christmas but since every day life wears down our ideals, Christmas can renew our try..).We dont need any hypocritical shows nor public charities and stuff...all we need is finding again the real human communication we had lost..now especially for the ones who have religion interest in the celebration , let them do what they think is right according to their beliefs..

Oh, indeed, Coca-Cola is the mother of Santa as we now him today. To be honest, I prefer this one to the serious, old-fashioned Saint Basilius. I know, this is just badly-grounded, as the latter has set the groundwork for the creation of the former, and especially for the giving spirit of Christmas.

You know, most people here don' t know how to celebrate Xmas... For me, it is not only a feast of altruism and love to the whole rest of the world, but also a hymn for family. All family members gathering together, singing Christmas songs in front of the Christmas Tree (or Boat!) and the fireplace, making snowmen, exchanging gifts... And even on the days before and after Christmas, spending our time creatively, making cards (why do you have to buy them?), cutting plants and synthesising them in a Christmas work of art... Baking spice biscuits (I love their smell, it fills me with warmth, empties my soul from all worries, and then I give a hug to my family)... Unfortunately, the majority only eats turkey, eats other delicious treats, eats, eats, eats... Maybe some nice, kind and noble words and wishes will be exchanged... But beneath most eyes, one can discern a void soul, a puppet of oneʼs hectic life... No willingness to share, to hug, to cry, to laugh (and if this happens, it sounds so fake), to cherish, to love...

Ι cannot describe Christmas. It is a celebration that makes me feel so much...

Walking down the street... Gazing at the lamps...

…which remind me of the rest of the world, which make joyful feelings come to the surface of my conscious...

Then, the breeze gives me freshness, hope, determination.

Maybe some snowflakes cross the sky, drawn by the force of gravity, like I am appealed by this joyful emotion, butterflies flying in my stomach, golden lights suspended everywhere, the marble sky dotted by hundreds of white spots...

They fall so lightly on the ground... Are they real? Are they cold, do they melt if I touch them? For I know my heart is so warm, that it can melt all the snow of the world and give water to those who need it.

I then come by the bakery; the relaxing smell of cookies penetrating my nostrils, making me feel like I' m a baby in its motherʼs fostering arms, nesting in the warmth of spice cookies, staring with awe at the red and golden decoration of the window...

Then I watch the tall trees, covered under a wide blanket, their branches dancing with the wind... And at the top, a single star, a bright and shiny star, filling the place with a light that even the sun cannot diminish...

This is how I feel when it is Christmas time.

Too much bla bla :p...

Too little blah-blah, too much reticence:P.

Green 13

Δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Κώστας αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών, Μαθητής Α' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Χαλκίδα (Εύβοια). Έχει γράψει 565 μηνύματα.
It was really an annoying weekend! Completely annoying, especially in sports! Either football and basketball team of Panathinaikos failed to win!

The football team, come into a boring draw on an away game against Larisa (1-1). Maciej Zurawski scored a wonderful header after an excellent cross by Kotsios. Henk Ten Kate's team equalized the game after a really good strike by former Larisa's right winger Silva Cleyton. Panathinaikos had two excellent chances to win the game but Zilberto Silva and Rukavina missed the target.

The basketball team, had an easy job at Athletic Center of Kypseli. This wasn't the reality though! After the great victory at Euroleague game against Siena, Zeljiko Obradovic team was really a shadow of its good face. Panathinaikos found an exceptional Andony Grundy and Shasha Golemats in front of them and without any fuss Panellinios easily won the game (84-74). The only good thing today that PAO showed was the appearance of Sarunas Jasikevicius

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
Ι' m sorry, but I have absolutely no idea about football.:P

Does anyone feel like talking?

Green 13

Δραστήριο μέλος

Talking about what?​

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Μήτσος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών και Μαθητής Β' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 2,790 μηνύματα.

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Talking about what?

A subject has already been set. Christmas!!!

Mr Jimmy, you did talk so I guess that you always feel like talking.

If you want, we can talk about what Jim says - that every moment is another chance.

Green 13

Δραστήριο μέλος

Οh yeah! Christmas, vacation time but really annoying too because of those really boring Santa's singing Caroll's across the streets... Oh almighty....

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Hey, watch what you' re saying, I enjoy singing too!:P

Green 13

Δραστήριο μέλος

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ι sing everything. But not for money:P

During this period, I love singing "Santa Claus is coming to town"!

Green 13

Δραστήριο μέλος

Ι sing everything. But not for money:P

During this period, I love singing "Santa Claus is coming to town"!

Ι prefer singing ''The lamp is baking in the oven''

spirit

Νεοφερμένος

Η spirit αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 39 ετών, Καθηγητής και μας γράφει απο Αθήνα (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 30 μηνύματα.
Ι am pretty sure that all of us, will once again, sing "Last christmas". Omg, I'm sick and tired of this song.......

And then we will listen to the Christmas song of Vandi.... Lol, this song has a very good rhythm, I used to sing it even in Easter, some years ago.:D:D

Any others x- mas songs? Except the carols and the other traditional songs?

Green 13

Δραστήριο μέλος

Ηere you are my friend spirit.... a different way to sing Christmas Carols

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-1d3ZnxeLs[/ame]

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Aye, I' m so sorry, but I dislike rap and hip hop music.

Any others xmas songs? Except the carols and the other traditional songs?
All I want for Christmas is you

Rockin' around the Christmas tree

Christmas Blues (or something like that).

X-FILER

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η Χάιδω αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτήτρια. Έχει γράψει 1,969 μηνύματα.
All I want for Christmas is you

Rockin' around the Christmas tree

Christmas Blues (or something like that).
:jumpy::jumpy:

add to you list "Last Christmas" and 12 days of xmas-relient k :inlove:

spirit

Νεοφερμένος

Η spirit αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 39 ετών, Καθηγητής και μας γράφει απο Αθήνα (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 30 μηνύματα.
X-filler e have already added the "Last christmas" song, but not xmas-relient k. Thanks! Oh Crookshanks, I love "All I want for christmas"... Lalalala!

Χρήστες Βρείτε παρόμοια