Ομιλείτε αγγλικά!

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Μήτσος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών και Μαθητής Β' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 2,790 μηνύματα.
Oh guys I admit it!

Crook speaks
so good english!!!:D

Unlike you :p...

You have executed the language so many times that I have been rendered unable to count them :p

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
You? The great Mathematician Djimmakos, who has come up with the djimmakorion theorima(:P), cannot count simple language executions? Maybe we need to call an executioner...

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Μήτσος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών και Μαθητής Β' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 2,790 μηνύματα.
You? The great Mathematician Djimmakos, who has come up with the djimmakorion theorima(:P), cannot count simple language executions? Maybe we need to call an executioner...

After an approximate estimation, they must be around :p

guess

Δραστήριο μέλος

Η guess αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 30 ετών και Απόφοιτος. Έχει γράψει 478 μηνύματα.
Djimakos if you want come to speak German !!
I'm certain that you don't know anything!!!

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
After an approximate estimation, they must be around :p

:no1::no1::no1::lol::lol::lol:

Djimakos if you want come to speak German !!
I'm certain that you don't know anything!!!

Ah, such a crude language...

X-FILER

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η Χάιδω αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτήτρια. Έχει γράψει 1,969 μηνύματα.
Αh, nope, never heard of 'em. Just did a Google search.

they're aweome.the "Scooby-Doo" song is performed by SP :D

what's that Scooby-Doo
coming afer you...

:D

are you in favor or against cartoons?

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Cartoons?

When I was a little kid (6-10), I would wake up on seven o' clock on weekends and holidays and watch cartoons for the WHOLE morning. Bah, guess I didn' t have anything better to do. I had my pijamas on till twelve or one in the noon. My mother often screamed "Put some normal clothes on!". Such a boring procedure for me, you know, standing up, leaving the comfort of the sofa and going to change... Leave it for later, that' s what I usually said.

Well, I still like cartoons, but when I think of what I used to watch in the past, I really feel a little stupid. What I like now is Looney Tunes, Lilo and Stitch (I' ve laughed a lot with that silly monster), and Lazlo (I' ve laughed a lot with that silly monkey). Generally, I enjoy cartoons combined with silliness... Of course, I haven' t watched any cartoons since August.

My standpoint is that cartoons by themselves are not harmful and total scum or beneficial and useful. The critical factor is their content. When you watch cartoons associated with war, it is obvious that they can get children aware of the ruthfulness it is characterised by or accustomed to it. It lies in the hands of the creators. This mainly concerns boys, as many of them watch cartoons like "transformers", "Pokemon", "Power Ranger" (which I deplored even as a toddler) or "Action Man". As for girls, many cartoons, such as "My Little Pony", "The Stable" (or something like that, a silly, stupid and I dunno what else, programme, broadcast by Alter), "Strawberry" and "Winx", promote certain behaviours and certain fashion trends. What I mean is that when you are a little girl, a very convenient way for the fashion industry to make you obsessed with your appearance and, consequently, buy more clothes to its profit, is cartoons which show slim girls, cute girls, who speak girlishly (Oh, Annita, how are you? Oh, you look gorgeous today! Oh, what a nice dress! Oh, dear, could I have a cup of tea, please?). The Winx fairies have a waist thinner than their head... Oh, dear, how is that possible?

Whereas cartoons could serve as conveyers of right moral attitudes and messages of self-confidence to chlidren. Cartoons are not bad. People are.

!Βάλια!

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η seize the day* αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 29 ετών, Μαθητής Α' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Νέα Κρήνη (Θεσσαλονίκη). Έχει γράψει 1,260 μηνύματα.
I am gonna copy it, it may be helpful:D

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Maybe there are some minor mistakes, despite my speaking English well.

teol20

Επιφανές μέλος

Ο teol20 αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Έχει γράψει 10,425 μηνύματα.
Nice job Crookshanks!:no1:

Nadiaki

Νεοφερμένος

Η Nadiaki αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 42 ετών και Πτυχιούχος. Έχει γράψει 8 μηνύματα.
:bye: Hi!!! :bye:

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Well, I am keen on writing an essay...

I want a topic please:P

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ah, you came just when I expressed my frustration for your not joining in this particular topic very frequently. Thank you! Being honest, I have to acknowledge that I appreciate your move.

There is already a topic of discussion: cartoons. Maybe you would like to convey your opinion to us or comment on someone else' s opinions.

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Everyone knows what cartoons are. And so what? I bet that few of us really can get the underlying meanings that they are trying to instill. We all think of them as something that entertains children and beyond this, they are a useless human invention. But is this what really applies to life?

Have you ever thought what our world would look like if it was similar to the one presented in cartoons? Everyone would be honest, friendly with a little bit sense of humor that would make anyone happy. Is this the world that we dream? The answer is obviously yes. Undeniably, cartoons are vastly viewed/read by children whose personality is still modulated and they are indisputably vulnerable to a variety of triggers that can affect their perceptions and personal beliefs. By watching cartoons they are exposed to the values of friendship and they are in the position of understanding the general meaning of being benevolent. They create role models, role models that will probably never be an open threat to them

That is however the one side of the coin. The other side is the one that we usually do not see. Some cartoons are constantly advocating values that do not suit to a democratic society and violate some fundamental beliefs, such those of personal freedom of choice. We have seen cartoons whose main story have been the war or cartoons that had to do with being malignant and trying to harm someone in order to win. But do children really win when the good guy wins? No one can cast doubt on the fact that children are taught that being with the bad guys is inadvisable, but no one realizes that they are also attracted by what we call revenge.

So, in order to bring this essay to an end, I would like to pose some fundamental questions to all of you who are concerned: Do you really think that cartoons are harmful? Do you really think that children cannot tell the difference between what is good and what is wrong? Is this the problem? Or is it that we are keen on underestimating some values that we are simply not in the position of analyzing and the 21th century and its perceptions have rendered us unable even to respect? Cartoons are not bad. Until we realize that, we should just switch off the television when a cartoon is displayed. But should we let our children view anything else?
Thank for your patience.

Should you find any mistakes in my essay, please notify me. Besides, nobody is perfect

teol20

Επιφανές μέλος

Ο teol20 αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Έχει γράψει 10,425 μηνύματα.
Exceptional essay djimmakos:P
There are only some minor mistakes....btw is perfect!

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Everyone knows what cartoons are. And so what? I bet that few of us really can get the underlying meanings that they are trying to instill. We all think of them as something that entertains children and beyond this, they are a useless human invention. But is this what really applies to life?

Have you ever thought what our world would look like if it was similar to the one presented in cartoons? Everyone would be honest, friendly with a little bit sense of humor that would make anyone happy. Is this the world that we dream? The answer is obviously yes. Undeniably, cartoons are vastly viewed/read by children whose personality is still modulated and they are indisputably vulnerable to a variety of triggers that can affect their perceptions and personal beliefs. By watching cartoons they are exposed to the values of friendship and they are in the position of understanding the general meaning of being benevolent. They create role models, role models that will probably never be an open threat to them

That is however the one side of the coin. The other side is the one that we usually do not see. Some cartoons are constantly advocating values that do not suit to a democratic society and are violating some fundamental beliefs, such those of personal freedom of choice. We have seen cartoons whose main story have been the war or cartoons that have to do with being malignant and trying to harm someone in order to win. But do children really win when the good guy wins? No one can cast doubt on the fact that children are taught that being with the bad guys is inadvisable, but no one realizes that they are also attracted by what we call revenge.

So, in order to bring this essay to an end, I would like to pose somes fundamental questions to all of you who are concerned: Do you really think that cartoons are harmful? Do you really think that children cannot tell the difference between what is good and what is wrong? Is this the problem? Or is it that we are keen on underestimating some values that we are simply not in the position of analyzing and the 21th century and its perceptions have rendered us unable even to respect? Cartoons are not bad. Until we realize that, we should just switch off the television when a cartoon is displayed. But should we let our children view anything else?
Thank for your patience.

Should you find any mistakes in my essay, please notify me. Besides, nobody is perfect

This essay is of brilliant quality as far as vocabulary is concerned - the writer has really shown his wide range of advanced vocabulary.
There are some minor errors, as Teo said, which I believe that you will detect and correct once you read the essay again. They are, of course, absolutely justified - nobody' s perfect and moreover, nobody is in condition of writing an impeccable essay at half past eleven at night.

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

This essay is of brilliant quality as far as vocabulary is concerned - the writer has really shown his wide range of advanced vocabulary.
There are some minor errors, as Teo said, which I believe that you will detect and correct once you read the essay again. They are, of course, absolutely justified - nobody' s perfect and moreover, nobody is in condition of writing an impeccable essay at half past eleven in the night.

This really sounds like an examiner's report:lol::lol::lol:

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS LORD, I lost my Ancient Greek's book. What a shame! :p

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ah, and I guess you cannot sleep without it...:P

HURRAY! IT IS RAINING!

Χρήστες Βρείτε παρόμοια