Ομιλείτε αγγλικά!

aekara4ever

Νεοφερμένος

Ο Αλέξανδρος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 29 ετών, Μαθητής Β' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Γλυφάδα (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 110 μηνύματα.
Most amusing.
By the way, my favourite food is Rice and Mincemeat.
So, on to describing it, my favourite food consists of:
1) Rice, a cereal foodstuff grown mostly in India and Continental Eastern Asia as well as most recently in Europe and the USA.
2) Mincemeat is basically meat, usually beef, minced into small pieces, usually used with tomato juice as a sauce for other meals.

P.S.: Keep this thread going people, it was not made to be lost.

P.S.2: About the "You tore it up" quote, you could always use some americanism such as... "Right on target", "Awesome", "Radical" or whatever.

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

jp_cp1

Νεοφερμένος

Ο jp_cp1 αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 35 ετών και Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 3 μηνύματα.
hello and nice to meet you,

my favourite food is SOUVLAKI .. i am talking about the most famous greek junk food.
Everybody loves it!
soublaki contains TZATZIKI... POTATOES.. TOMATO.. and of course gyros.

gyros is a kind of meat .first we cook it in the ''souvla'' and we cut it in small and flat pieces, then we wrap all this in a bread (we call it pita and i am bored to explain you.. search on google for ''pita'')

in salonica they like ketchup or mustard instead tzatziki... that sucks..

//πως τα πηγα?

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

Jenny

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η Τζένη αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 41 ετών και Καθηγητής. Έχει γράψει 960 μηνύματα.
Oh, don´t speak about food, because I am on a diet!!!! "You open my appetit" (that was greeklish 'cause I don't know it in english) :P

X-FILER

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η Χάιδω αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτήτρια. Έχει γράψει 1,969 μηνύματα.
someones has a hearty appetit here....:P:D

aekara4ever

Νεοφερμένος

Ο Αλέξανδρος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 29 ετών, Μαθητής Β' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Γλυφάδα (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 110 μηνύματα.
Oh, don΄t speak about food, because I am on a diet!!!! "You open my appetit" (that was greeklish 'cause I don't know it in english) :P

It is impossible not to comment since it was asked of me and all of you to talk about our favourite food.

By the way, the idiom is "wet ones appetite". But, here in Greece, "open ones appetite" works fine.

jp_cp1

Νεοφερμένος

Ο jp_cp1 αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 35 ετών και Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 3 μηνύματα.
i don't know what you are talking about, but SOUVLAKI rules every food in the existance of hummanity.

souvlaki we trust!!!!

aekara4ever

Νεοφερμένος

I believe you killed the collocation of your sentence. By the way, give it a try to describe Souvlaki to us.

jp_cp1

Νεοφερμένος

i don't know what are you talking about, but SOUVLAKI rules every food in the existance of hummanity.

we trust souvlaki!!!!

//now? much better?sorry, my last post was a bit random

aekara4ever

Νεοφερμένος

Much better, you fixed the Grammatical mistake you made, but what I mean by the word Collocation is that I think "every food in the existence of humanity" is a wrong expression.

Orestes

Δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Ορέστης αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 31 ετών, Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Αμπελόκηποι (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 680 μηνύματα.
Much better, you fixed the Grammatical mistake you made, but what I mean by the word Collocation is that I think "every food in the existence of humanity" is a wrong expression.

What I mean is that I think ???
That's wrong too....

aekara4ever

Νεοφερμένος

No, it is correct. "What I mean by the word Collocation" is the Subject, "is" is the Verb and "that I think blablabla" is a That Clause and hence an Object.

By the way, what jp_cp1 should have said is "souvlaki rules every food in the world" or "souvlaki rules every food" or "souvlaki rules every food ever made my man or nature".

Orestes

Δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Ορέστης αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 31 ετών, Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Αμπελόκηποι (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 680 μηνύματα.
No, it is correct. "What I mean by the word Collocation" is the Subject, "is" is the Verb and "that I think blablabla" is a That Clause and hence an Object.

By the way, what jp_cp1 should have said is "souvlaki rules every food in the world" or "souvlaki rules every food" or "souvlaki rules every food ever made my man or nature".

You either mean or think...Can't do both at the same time :P !...

Melkon

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο Κωνινος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 31 ετών και Μαθητής Α' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 200 μηνύματα.
dudes...relax...enjoy the silence

X-FILER

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η Χάιδω αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτήτρια. Έχει γράψει 1,969 μηνύματα.
^^Melkon rulez :D

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
Most amusing.
By the way, my favourite food is Rice and Mincemeat.
So, on to describing it, my favourite food consists of:
1) Rice, a cereal foodstuff grown mostly in India and Continental Eastern Asia as well as most recently in Europe and the USA.
2) Mincemeat is basically meat, usually beef, minced into small pieces, usually used with tomato juice as a sauce for other meals.

P.S.: Keep this thread going people, it was not made to be lost.

P.S.2: About the "You tore it up" quote, you could always use some americanism such as... "Right on target", "Awesome", "Radical" or whatever.

Thanks for that "u"!

Basically, you described the elements composing your favourite food -rice and minced meat-, by which you probably mean the Italian recipe called "risotto". I wanted to have focus on the gastronomical experience that your favourite food offers. So please, do your best to amaze me!

Answer to PS1: I always tell them to say something, but they are all so reticent... Join my efforts, if you want!

Answer to PS2: As you might have realised, I don' t like Americanism...

hello and nice to meet you,

my favourite food is SOUVLAKI .. i am talking about the most famous greek junk food.
Everybody loves it!
soublaki contains TZATZIKI... POTATOES.. TOMATO.. and of course gyros.

gyros is a kind of meat .first we cook it in the ''souvla'' and we cut it in small and flat pieces, then we wrap all this in a bread (we call it pita and i am bored to explain you.. search on google for ''pita'')

in salonica they like ketchup or mustard instead tzatziki... that sucks..

//πως τα πηγα?

You went fine. I just disagree with you, I' m not that keen on souvlaki. In fact, if it contains too much fat or the "pita" bread is hard to chew, I get disgusted.

Oh, don´t speak about food, because I am on a diet!!!! "You open my appetit" (that was greeklish 'cause I don't know it in english) :P

Appetit is a French word, non?
Diet... Hm... The contemporary views of the Science of Diet focus zero mainly not in how much you eat, but in what you eat in combination with what and when you eat it.

It is impossible not to comment since it was asked of me and all of you to talk about our favourite food.

By the way, the idiom is "wet ones appetite". But, here in Greece, "open ones appetite" works fine.

Thank you ever so much for this extra tip of knowledge!

X-FILER

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

guyz,guyz.let's talk about something with substance.

when are we going to vote for the Eurovision song?:D

djimmakos

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Μήτσος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών και Μαθητής Β' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 2,790 μηνύματα.
This year the quality of the song does not really matter as the singer is by itself a loser:D

Oh yes, I have used itself :p

X-FILER

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

no,i can't disagree more:P.Sakiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis is talented and really handsome(although i don't listen to his music)and whatever the song,we'll go great :D

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
It is not the best song that wins the competition. Voters vote for friendly countries and consequently are subjective.

aekara4ever

Νεοφερμένος

Χρήστες Βρείτε παρόμοια