Ομιλείτε αγγλικά!

blablabla14

Νεοφερμένος

Η blablabla14 αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 28 ετών και Μαθητής Γ' γυμνασίου. Έχει γράψει 73 μηνύματα.
first of all..thank you for ur advice :)
second, i believe italian is a great language to learn...but i really really really ADORE spanish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumpy: its lovelyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!
when i take (if i will :p) my lower degree i want to study spanish because its easy and its got lovely accent..!!!!!!:) i know some words but thats all :p:p does anybody know spanish here ??

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 14 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

Junior_aromeo

Νεοφερμένος

Ο Junior_aromeo αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 27 ετών και Μαθητής Α' γυμνασίου. Έχει γράψει 32 μηνύματα.
Hello guyz.....what's up?Nice to meet you there :)
My name is konstantinos and i live in patras :)

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 14 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

blablabla14

Νεοφερμένος

Η blablabla14 αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 28 ετών και Μαθητής Γ' γυμνασίου. Έχει γράψει 73 μηνύματα.
Hello guyz.....what's up?Nice to meet you there :)
My name is konstantinos and i live in patras :)
nice..!!! :) i live i athens and im 14 years old ..
so kostantinos welcome to our conversation :D
tell us something about your thoughts..whatever you want ...

Fedde le Grand

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Fedde le Grand αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Απόφοιτος. Έχει γράψει 1,586 μηνύματα.
And i live in Earth..!!!I like this place but it's very small:P

blablabla14

Νεοφερμένος

And i live in Earth..!!!I like this place but it's very small:P
=0
SERIOUSLY?? me too!!!!:D =p =p
i also agree with you..earth is veery small :/ :lol::lol:

Junior_aromeo

Νεοφερμένος

Ο Junior_aromeo αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 27 ετών και Μαθητής Α' γυμνασίου. Έχει γράψει 32 μηνύματα.
Well,i'm 13 years old.I'm a litle bit sick from the H7N0 virus xD :P.
I don't know what else to tell.....i love computers and basketball :)
Anyway i'm going to sleep now.
See ya :)

~Melania~

Περιβόητο μέλος

Η Insomnia ♥ αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Πτυχιούχος και μας γράφει απο Πάτρα (Αχαΐα). Έχει γράψει 5,354 μηνύματα.
cool!!!I really like speaking english!!!No...sorry...a mistake...I LOVE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE!!!!!

Lita Athens

Δραστήριο μέλος

Η Lita Athens αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 541 μηνύματα.
first of all..thank you for ur advice :)
second, i believe italian is a great language to learn...but i really really really ADORE spanish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumpy: its lovelyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!
when i take (if i will :p) my lower degree i want to study spanish because its easy and its got lovely accent..!!!!!!:) i know some words but thats all :p:p does anybody know spanish here ??

Why are you such a pessimist?:)
If you study, you will succeed! Don't worry!
Don't you want, however, to continue learning english after passing the lower exams?

Spanish is great as well! Even though I like the way Italian sounds a bit more! In general, I love all the languages that derive from latin! After learning latin (that is ancient italian) at the university, due to my studies, I really appreciated all those languages! Anyway, I may know some latin, but I can't communicate in latin if I ever visit Italy!!:):):) It will be very strange... Imagine if someone came in Greece and tried to communicate by speaking ancient greek!!!

blablabla14

Νεοφερμένος

Don't you want, however, to continue learning english after passing the lower exams?

Spanish is great as well! Even though I like the way Italian sounds a bit more! In general, I love all the languages that derive from latin! After learning latin (that is ancient italian) at the university, due to my studies, I really appreciated all those languages! Anyway, I may know some latin, but I can't communicate in latin if I ever visit Italy!!:):):) It will be very strange... Imagine if someone came in Greece and tried to communicate by speaking ancient greek!!!
hahahaha ur right :no1:
i love swimming,going out with my friends,having fun :jumpy:-hehe- and....i dont know.............i love my friends..!!!!!!!!!!! =p=p

Ο αναγνώστης

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Ο αναγνώστης αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 35 ετών και Φοιτήτρια. Έχει γράψει 179 μηνύματα.

Latin is not ancient Italian :P Italian derived from it, the same way Spanish does, but it didn't develop from it, the same way Greek did from ancient Greek.

Fedde le Grand

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Fedde le Grand αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Απόφοιτος. Έχει γράψει 1,586 μηνύματα.
=0
SERIOUSLY?? me too!!!!:D =p =p
i also agree with you..earth is veery small :/ :lol::lol:

WOW:O!!!

You are from earth..I thought that only me was in earth:P

Sorry but i am only C Senior...My English aren't very well

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
@ Ο αναγνώστης: From what you've mentioned, you'll have your own guide!!!
Enjoy your trip and your stay there!!!
-----------------------------------------

First of all, good luck! Don't worry though!
The best way to choose the particular type of test that's more appropriate for you is to buy some past papers (of all the tests that you're interested in) and practice to see which one's the best for you (it will be obviously the one at which you'll have achieved the highest score!). Moreover, ask for your teacher's advice. After all, he/she knows your abilities better and is able to recommend the exam that's more appropriate for you!

Hi!

Unfortunately I can't hear the songs you've attached due to some technical problems... The "ηχεία" of my computer do not work...
I know the greek word in quoatation marks seems a bit strange, but I can't find an english equivalent for it...:P:P:P

As for your other point (on Dutch music), I agree. The best way to reach the level of fluency that you wish is to read (articles, books etc) and, of course, communicate with the natives that you know. However, listening to Dutch singers / bands could really help you practice your oral competene skills in this language... So why don't you try it?:P In addition, it will help you keep in touch with the Dutch culture, which is actually one of the advantages that bilingual people enjoy! Not only do they speak two languages fluently, but they also enjoy the priviledges of a bi - cultural upbringing and education!!!

:bye::bye::bye:

Er... Speakers, maybe?:P (For the "ηχεία":P.)

Ah, what a pitty!:( These songs are just amazing!

Well, I my accent in Dutch is almost perfect, the problem is, mainly, my voc.

And, well, I wouldn' t say I have a complete Dutch-culture education, but, well, only a difference in the way I think is something quite important.

Today, however, with globalisation, one could claim that that doesn' t make such a big difference, as people with only one ethinicity can easily interact with other cultures!:)

Lita Athens

Δραστήριο μέλος

Η Lita Athens αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 541 μηνύματα.
@ Ο αναγνώστης: Can you clarify the difference between the phrases "developed from" and "derived from"
because, bottom line, they seem the same...

I think that the only difference is that while ancient greek developed to modern greek (only), latin developed to a variety of languages and not just a single one.

Ο αναγνώστης

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Ο αναγνώστης αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 35 ετών και Φοιτήτρια. Έχει γράψει 179 μηνύματα.
basically it has to do with how similar the languages are. Modern Greek is quite similar to ancient Greek, to the extent that we can say it's the development of the language. With Italian, modern Italian was basically "created" by Dante, in that he wrote in a mixture of a native dialect and latin that then developed to modern Italian. Romance languages (Italian, Spanish etc) all are influenced by Latin, but they are not modern Latin. After all, there are modern Latin, meaning that we actually have modern Latin, spoken in the Vatican. This form of latin is indeed based on ancient latin, because it wasn't mixed with anything else. Of course a linguist would be able to explain that better than me. What I know for sure, having read it in many books and heard it from latin professors in England, is that Italian is not modern Latin, not more than Spanish or Portuguese, or French or Romanian.

thanous18

Περιβόητο μέλος

Ο thanous18 αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 4,131 μηνύματα.
Latin is not ancient Italian :P Italian derived from it, the same way Spanish does, but it didn't develop from it, the same way Greek did from ancient Greek.
That 's very truth, my friend. If you study Italian, you can understand how it differs from latin. It's very very different. Actually, French is much closer to Latin. On the contrary, ancient Greek evolved. Modern greek is in fact the evolution of the ancient greek and they don't differ a lot. In addition, the word "Greek" follows each; Ancient Greek ,Modern Greek. Italians do not speak modern latin. :P But I cannot understand why this happened to Latin.
It doesn't matter... You're taking Italian courses!!!!:jumpy::jumpy::jumpy: You're so lucky...!!!
I study as well at the School of Philosophy (in Athens), but we don't have this kind of electives (on foreign languages / literature...). I wish we did though... I really like foreign and comparative literature...!!!!
So do I. :D
That's why I study English Literature in the Faculty of Philosophy in Aristotle University. Do you study (Greek) Literature?

As for Italian, I had to choose a foreign language. So I chose Italian instead of German or French.

Fedde le Grand

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Hello again...Did i teel you that i am from earth?:P

miv

Επιφανές μέλος

Ο Babis αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Μας γράφει απο Βόρεια Μακεδονία (Ευρώπη). Έχει γράψει 8,275 μηνύματα.
Nah...So I thought u are from Mars or something.:P

Lita Athens

Δραστήριο μέλος

basically it has to do with how similar the languages are. Modern Greek is quite similar to ancient Greek, to the extent that we can say it's the development of the language. With Italian, modern Italian was basically "created" by Dante, in that he wrote in a mixture of a native dialect and latin that then developed to modern Italian. Romance languages (Italian, Spanish etc) all are influenced by Latin, but they are not modern Latin. After all, there are modern Latin, meaning that we actually have modern Latin, spoken in the Vatican. This form of latin is indeed based on ancient latin, because it wasn't mixed with anything else. Of course a linguist would be able to explain that better than me. What I know for sure, having read it in many books and heard it from latin professors in England, is that Italian is not modern Latin, not more than Spanish or Portuguese, or French or Romanian.

I thought that all these languages that derive from latin (Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese) are somehow considered as "Modern Latin", even though this specific term is not used to describe them.

You mentioned that these languages were influenced by latin. However, I thought that they did not exist before latin and that they were created afterwords. Therefore, they were not just influenced by latin, they derived from them. We may say that english was influenced by latin, because many modern english words derive from the latin language, but we can't state that english is a neo-latin language, since, first of all, it is categorised under germanic languages and, secondly, it existed before latin, whilst Spanish, Italian, French etc. did not. I don't know if that's absolutely accurate though. Please correct me, if it's not. I'm really interested in this particular issue!

By the way, I did not know that nowadays Modern Latin exists and that is spoken in the Vatican! Is this language's development similar to the one that Greek had and can it be characterised as "Modern Latin" in the same way the Greek language we use nowadays is regarded as Modern Greek? In other words, does Modern latin have the same "relationship" with Latin as Modern Greek has with Ancient Greek?
That 's very truth, my friend. If you study Italian, you can understand how it differs from latin. It's very very different. Actually, French is much closer to Latin. On the contrary, ancient Greek evolved. Modern greek is in fact the evolution of the ancient greek and they don't differ a lot. In addition, the word "Greek" follows each; Ancient Greek ,Modern Greek. Italians do not speak modern latin. :P But I cannot understand why this happened to Latin.

So do I. :D
That's why I study English Literature in the Faculty of Philosophy in Aristotle University. Do you study (Greek) Literature?

As for Italian, I had to choose a foreign language. So I chose Italian instead of German or French.

Yes, I study Greek Literature at the University of Athens. However, we don't have these elective courses...:( The only options we have are history, psychology, archeology and educational studies. They are all very interesting, but it would be also interesting to have electives such as foreign languages and literature. Besides, all the foreign languages' departments are under the "umbrella" of the School of Philosophy... So I wonder how come they haven't figure out yet a way to offer us some of their courses as options. It would be very interesting to study, for example, the impact that French Romanticism had on some Greek writers of the 19th century...
Hello again...Did i teel you that i am from earth?:P

You too?:P:P:P

Ο αναγνώστης

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

I thought that all these languages that derive from latin (Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese) are somehow considered as "Modern Latin", even though this specific term is not used to describe them.

You mentioned that these languages were influenced by latin. However, I thought that they did not exist before latin and that they were created afterwords. Therefore, they were not just influenced by latin, they derived from them. We may say that english was influenced by latin, because many modern english words derive from the latin language, but we can't state that english is a neo-latin language, since, first of all, it is categorised under germanic languages and, secondly, it existed before latin, whilst Spanish, Italian, French etc. did not. I don't know if that's absolutely accurate though. Please correct me, if it's not. I'm really interested in this particular issue!

By the way, I did not know that nowadays Modern Latin exists and that is spoken in the Vatican! Is this language's development similar to the one that Greek had and can it be characterised as "Modern Latin" in the same way the Greek language we use nowadays is regarded as Modern Greek? In other words, does Modern latin have the same "relationship" with Latin as Modern Greek has with Ancient Greek?

I know that modern Latin is spoken by the church in the Vatican and I am guessing that it will be somewhat similar to the relationship modern greek has with ancient. Since my latin is poor and my modern latin non existent, I can't possibly know exactly the connection there. I've heard what I told you. As for the Romance languages being modern latin, it's simply not linguisticly correct, since I'm not a linguist either I can't expain with solid proofs. From my point of view though, with Italian only, because that's the only language I am somewhat familiar with, I know it's based on Dante's mixing of many dialects of italic (not latin, because you know that latin was only spoken in rome exclusively, and the other italians always had their own language as well) which of course had similarities with latin, they were not latin though. The Romance languages are essentially a mix of vulgar latin and the barbarian languages spoken by the natives in each country. The modern romance languages are a merger, not a pure descendent.

Maybe I used the wrong derived more freely than I should, you are right that the terms I used are similar.

Lita Athens

Δραστήριο μέλος

@ Ο αναγνώστης: I didn't know that the neo-latin languages that exist nowadays were formed on the basis of a mixture of latin and other languages the locals used before...! That's why I thought they were in a way the development of latin into a variety of different but at the same time quite similar languages that could be characterised as "Modern latin languages". That certainly explains why there are many neo-latin languages and not just one.

Personally, I don't know any other romance language besides French. When I started learning latin though I noticed a great number of similarities between latin and french. The present tense of the latin verb "sum", for example, is quite similar with its french equivalent! Moreover, the majority of the french words are latin "descendants". So, probably, the influence of the local languages that were mixed with latin, creating the neo-latin languages, is limited to some influences in the form (morphology) of words (suffixes, prefixes) and not in their route... I'm not a linguist however, therefore I'm not certain that this conclusion is completely accurate... I thought I'd give it a try, though, and I formed it on the basis of my limited knowledge on Comparative linguistics...:P

Χρήστες Βρείτε παρόμοια