Ομιλείτε αγγλικά!

twilight_girl

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Δέσποινα αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 27 ετών, Μαθητής Γ' γυμνασίου και μας γράφει απο Πεύκα (Θεσσαλονίκη). Έχει γράψει 234 μηνύματα.
Me too.I dont have a certificate in English yet...:(...Has anyone seen the movie:New Moon?
I have seen New Moon and i am totally obsessed with this movie..

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 14 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

Lita Athens

Δραστήριο μέλος

Η Lita Athens αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 541 μηνύματα.
kk Happy New Year:D

Lita you seem to know a lot about summer schools.Send me any link of them if possible.

I am thinking of doing any job that is possible to make ends meet and stay in each country as much as I would like to.From dishwasher to teacher of foreign languages.The thing is that it is a dream,that may or may not come true,and when dreaming I don't wanna think of any barriers that may occur on the way.

I start feeling afraid when talking as if it's all planned and seem to succeed.Id better not say too big words,it may lead to misunderstandings...
First of all, have a happy new year!!!

Regarding the summer schools, I would advise you to search on the internet for the subjects you're mostly interested in (for example english literature) and, of course, for the universities at which you would like to attend the courses. I'm not an expert, as I said before, since I've not been in many of them...:P

As far as your dreams are concerned, I hope you'll get the chance to fulfill all of them! Good luck!:P:P:P

You didn't answer my other question, though... Why are you planning to study english literature at the university? (by the way, from what I've heard, this particular department at AUT is well-reputed in the field of literature and languages). Are you thinking of a post-graduate degree (in order for you to widen your job potentials)?
-----------------------------------------
Me too.I dont have a certificate in English yet...:(...Has anyone seen the movie:New Moon?
I have seen New Moon and i am totally obsessed with this movie..
Hello!!! It doesn't matter that you haven't obtained a certifiacate yet...!!!
Anyone can participate in the conversation that we're having, even without diplomas....!:P:P

I haven't heard of the movie you're taliking about... Has it premiered recently? What is it about exactly?

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 14 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

kotsis1

Δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Δημήτρης αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 30 ετών, Μαθητής Β' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Συκιές (Θεσσαλονίκη). Έχει γράψει 421 μηνύματα.
Morning guys!

Yeah,I've heard too that the department of english at AUT is well-reputed and that is why I incline to this choice with much confidence.Definitely am I thinking of doing a post-graduate,probably abroad,dont know yet on what exactly it would be.Sth 'bout literature,without doubt:)

How did you spend yesterday night?Did you go out with friends,family,b/f friend???

Twilight_girl,I happened to watch New Moon,I can only say that if the actors didn't have 6 pack abs,you wouldn't probably go to watch it. No offence,but you aren't judging the movie objectively since you all,or most of you,watch the movie with a single motive:The vampire guy and the wolfwere.:P:D:P

Lita Athens

Δραστήριο μέλος

Η Lita Athens αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 541 μηνύματα.
Hi! I spent last night with my family and some relatives! Besides, these days are meant to be spent with our loved ones...

What about you? Did you have a nice time yesterday?

I don't know much about the movie you're refering to... In fact, I didn't know it even premiered in Greece... I found it out by reading one of the posts at this thread...! Is it an interesting movie or is it just a flashy production?

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
That's why I will pose you another question, in order for us to keep this topic alive...
How did you decide to study english in the future?

Hmm... Is that some kind of expression?

Coz I don' t get the meaning of "How did you decide to study english in the future?".

I did something in the future?:P

Κing's pie, Queen's pie....
What is all this?

It is scum:P. Our King' s Pie was a bit... underdone.

@ Crookshanks...
How come you've been learning Dutch? It is not a very common language for a foreign to decide to start learning it...

Well, I am not exactly learing Dutch, but improving it. My mother comes from the Netherlands and I don' t speak Dutch as fluently as I would like to. I feel very strongly about ameliorating my skills in the Dutch language, so whenever I feel like it, I read articles in Dutch, and I persist in speaking in Dutch with my mother.

@ Crookshanks
Regarding the other questions that you've posed...
yes, I' ve been learning english for all these years for one or two hours per day... it was a compulsory subject for the school I went to and it was of primary importance, equall to the one of greek... anyway, I still need improvement... besides, language learning, as well as learning in general is a process that takes a whole lifetime...

Oh, yes, it does, indeed!

It was not at all depressing... It was actually one of my favourite subjects as a student... That's why I'm still keeping touch with english by reading, speaking with natives when I'm abroad etc... I hope it won't surprise you to know that I'm thinking of applying for a master's degree in english literature at a uk university...

Ah, you have already mentioned that:). So, given that you are a greek language student, and that you are so fond of english, what do you say about what is being told about the superiority of greek, comparatively to the english? Many people claim that english is much poorer a language than greek. What do you think?

@Crookshanks
As for devouring sweets,Id better not draw from my own experiences,if i wanna be on the safe side:p

Ah, why not?:P Don' t you like chocolate?:P

About the point that you highlighted,concerning my dream of travelling unceasably throughout the world,I think the home I will have obtained will be the whole world(or anyway the countries I will have stayed in:P).Besides,my family will be here,open to welcome me whenever I return ''home''.:D

However,I cant say I wont miss my country and my connections here.Thats why I wont limit my dream by saying that I will stay abroad as much as possible,but I will follow my heart and whenever I feel like returning to Greece or staying abroad,I will give it my best to fulfill my desires each time of my life.

So what if you travel to a faraway country, you meet an extraordinarily beautiful woman, you get head over heels in love with her, and you stay there to make a family?:P

Lita,I am also thinking of attending a summer school this summer.Once a fellow student gave me a leaflet about campus summer lessons and I also made a research on some unis.What I actually have to pinpoint,and what definitely caught my eye, was the lessons Oxford offers.But,a desire to go this summer to Oxford is far from real,due to the quite astronomical fees:D

Bah, you have got nothing to lose, I think.:P If these schools are even slightly similar to the university faculties, then you would be living in a depressing little room and eat in a dark hall with portraits of some supposedly great men all around you.:sick:.

Cogito ergo sum

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η Cogito ergo sum αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' γυμνασίου. Έχει γράψει 1,242 μηνύματα.
Warning: Crookshanks isn't a human. He is a bot which corrects spelling and grammatical errors. Thank you.:)

:P

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
Vasiliki!, you are an error. A nature' s mistake. You must be exterminated:P.

Cogito ergo sum

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η Cogito ergo sum αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' γυμνασίου. Έχει γράψει 1,242 μηνύματα.
Well... I am not a creation of nature. :who:

Silent_Killer

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Άγγελος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 28 ετών, Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Σαλαμίνα (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 1,641 μηνύματα.
Eeeeeevening,
How are you?

twilight_girl

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Δέσποινα αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 27 ετών, Μαθητής Γ' γυμνασίου και μας γράφει απο Πεύκα (Θεσσαλονίκη). Έχει γράψει 234 μηνύματα.
First of all, have a happy new year!!!

Regarding the summer schools, I would advise you to search on the internet for the subjects you're mostly interested in (for example english literature) and, of course, for the universities at which you would like to attend the courses. I'm not an expert, as I said before, since I've not been in many of them...:P

As far as your dreams are concerned, I hope you'll get the chance to fulfill all of them! Good luck!:P:P:P

You didn't answer my other question, though... Why are you planning to study english literature at the university? (by the way, from what I've heard, this particular department at AUT is well-reputed in the field of literature and languages). Are you thinking of a post-graduate degree (in order for you to widen your job potentials)?

Hello!!! It doesn't matter that you haven't obtained a certifiacate yet...!!!
Anyone can participate in the conversation that we're having, even without diplomas....!:P:P

I haven't heard of the movie you're taliking about... Has it premiered recently? What is it about exactly?
It premiered on 19 November..The story is about a love story of a human and a vampire...it is really interesting on my opinion.New moon is the sequel of Twilight:)

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Well... I am not a creation of nature.

You are the DEVIL in a feminine form:P.

Eeeeeevening, I am trying to find out about the meaning of life:P.

Cogito ergo sum

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

You are the DEVIL in a feminine form:P.
No. Of course not. :angel: You are the devil. Actually the son of him and you know what I mean.:P

Eeeeeevening, I am trying to find out about the meaning of life:P.

What a predictable answer...:P

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

:lol2:

Ι do not believe in the DEVIL. I believe in you. I have faith in you. You can make it. You can be a better person.

Predictable... Are you a fortune teller or sth?

Cogito ergo sum

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Ι do not believe in the DEVIL. I believe in you. I have faith in you. You can make it. You can be a better person.
You can't believe in me when you don't believe in your father. You reject your roots and it's a shame. YOU should become a better person. Of course I can't become a better person. I am just perfect.:P
Predictable... Are you a fortune teller or sth?
I am many things. :magic::magic:

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

You can't believe in me when you don't believe in your father. You reject your roots and it's a shame. YOU should become a better person. Of course I can't become a better person. I am just perfect.

Short-sentenced speech. Very, very unfashionable and an insult to aesthetics. Who' s perfect?:P

Lita Athens

Δραστήριο μέλος

Hmm... Is that some kind of expression?

Coz I don' t get the meaning of "How did you decide to study english in the future?".

I did something in the future?:P

It is scum:P. Our King' s Pie was a bit... underdone.

Well, I am not exactly learing Dutch, but improving it. My mother comes from the Netherlands and I don' t speak Dutch as fluently as I would like to. I feel very strongly about ameliorating my skills in the Dutch language, so whenever I feel like it, I read articles in Dutch, and I persist in speaking in Dutch with my mother.

Oh, yes, it does, indeed!

Ah, you have already mentioned that:). So, given that you are a greek language student, and that you are so fond of english, what do you say about what is being told about the superiority of greek, comparatively to the english? Many people claim that english is much poorer a language than greek. What do you think?

Ah, why not?:P Don' t you like chocolate?:P

So what if you travel to a faraway country, you meet an extraordinarily beautiful woman, you get head over heels in love with her, and you stay there to make a family?:P

Bah, you have got nothing to lose, I think.:P If these schools are even slightly similar to the university faculties, then you would be living in a depressing little room and eat in a dark hall with portraits of some supposedly great men all around you.:sick:.

Hello!

As far as your correction is concnerned, the question "how did you decide" refers to the past. On the other hand, the phrase "to study english in the future" refers to the future... The phrase "in the future" is used here as an adverb, that refers to the verb "to study", not to the question posed in past tense... In fact, we can ask the same thing in greek: πως αποφάσισες να σπουδάσεις αγγλικά μελλοντικά? εδώ το επίρρημα "μέλλοντικά" αναφέρεται στο δεύτερο ρήμα "να σπουδάσεις" και όχι στο πρώτο ρήμα που είναι σε παρελθοντικό χρόνο... Therefore, there's no contradiction...

Anyway...

From what you have mentioned, I can easily assume that you're a native Dutch speaker, therefore a bilingual student...

I'd like to ask you then if it's difficult for a foreigner to start taking dutch lessons... is it a difficult language in general or is it easy for someone to reach a high level of competence in this particular language?

In addition, I would really like to ask you if you faced any difficulties at school, due to the fact that you're bilingual... Was it easy for you to speak both greek and dutch fluently? I'm posing this question beacause after taking linguistics' courses at the university, I became very interested in the way bilingual children behave (regarding the aspects of a language, of course) in non-bilingual schools and in a non-bilingual environment outside their homes... In other, more simlpe and less "scientific", words, did you ever face any problems like confusing greek and dutch words or expressions? Are there times you prefer to speak in Dutch, for example, rather than in greek?

Regarding the question you've addressed me (the one about the supposed greek's superiority over english), first of all, I have to admit it is a very interesting question and a bit thought-provoking...

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to present all my views on that matter... I will, however, try to summarise the main points of my thoughts...

I don't believe in the superiority of a language over an other... It is not linguisticaly accurate to state something like that... All languages are unique and have a special significance for their speakers... The fact that a language has been spoken more centuries than an other is not actually a scientific criterion... Linguists characterise and categorise languages according to their internal structure, their morphology... They do not divide languages into superior or inferior ones... People who make such assumptions have no idea of linguistics and linguistical theories on language categorisation...

I hope my answer was satisfactory enough... As I mentioned before, there are so many things to say about this issue that I've only summarised some of them... Feel free to ask me more questions on that matter...!!!

Cogito ergo sum

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ooops, I said
...of greek, comparatively to the english

The "the" should be removed:P.

I would very much like to answer to your post right now, but I gotta leave. I will just say that I am dissapointed it is something I just didn' t understand (the "contradiction" you said), rather than an expression that I didn' t know and that I might learn.
You are an imperfect idiot.:bye:
:P:P:P

The donkey said to the cock that he' s got a big head:P.

Cogito ergo sum

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

The donkey said to the cock that he' s got a big head.
Ιmmaturity...:stop:

qwertyuiop

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Γιώργος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 28 ετών, Διδακτορικός και μας γράφει απο Φιλοθέη (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 2,880 μηνύματα.
I spik Ingland very best!

Χρήστες Βρείτε παρόμοια