Ομιλείτε αγγλικά!

George SK

Νεοφερμένος

Ο Γιώργος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 31 ετών, Μαθητής Β' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Γιαννιτσά (Πέλλας). Έχει γράψει 82 μηνύματα.
Oh come on, everyone can be rendered bored with so formal english :D

Well, I would have to argue the exact opposite.

Let's burn this thread with formal English!
:P
-----------------------------------------
You don' t expect me to include you in that "everyone"?

I believe that even if I am asked about my hobbies, I would mix formal language and everyday langauge... Don't judge my oral interaction by what you see here... Writing is a lot different to speaking...

True true, the enunciation of everyday English can be truly a daunting task by itself. Especially with an added weight, that of the examination, I mean.

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
Yes, let us freeze this thread to death with formal English!

Irrelevant, but I can see the moon right now and it is so beautiful, it has a red tone!

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

Rock_Sugar

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Μαριάννα αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 32 ετών, Φοιτήτρια και μας γράφει απο Κορυδαλλός (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 176 μηνύματα.
Really? I was in Thissio yesterday, and the moon was just.. as usual as every day :P

SCULLY

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η SCULLY αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 31 ετών και Μαθητής Β' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 1,057 μηνύματα.
Hey, I want some liveliness!

Have you ever done yoga? How do you like it? Would you like to have regular lessons about those eastern spiritual practices?

no..I think this stuff ( traditional eastern practices followed by so many people in Europe and America) is a matter of a new fashion which whores like madonna (i love her,its obvious:P) promote in a very successful way.

X-FILER

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η Χάιδω αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτήτρια. Έχει γράψει 1,969 μηνύματα.
no..I think this stuff ( traditional eastern practices followed by so many people in Europe and America) is a matter of a new fashion which whores like madonna (i love her,its obvious:P) promote in a very successful way.

in your point of view there may be a grain of truth,but it really helps people to relax and let their hair down.yoga is a different way of relaxing and forgetting your problems.but it's a fact that many people may try it because celebrities do.i have never tried and i don't want to.:P

George SK

Νεοφερμένος

Ο Γιώργος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 31 ετών, Μαθητής Β' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Γιαννιτσά (Πέλλας). Έχει γράψει 82 μηνύματα.
in your point of view there may be a grain of truth,but it really helps people to relax and let their hair down.yoga is a different way of relaxing and forgetting your problems.but it's a fact that many people may try it because celebrities do.i have never tried and i don't want to.:P

Same here. What's the big deal with it anyway? We're all going to die ultimately by stress, in this cruel world of hardcore scheduling and tasking. There is no reason to get involved in the mudslinging of relaxing and getaway methods.

Rock_Sugar

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Μαριάννα αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 32 ετών, Φοιτήτρια και μας γράφει απο Κορυδαλλός (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 176 μηνύματα.
Well, I agree that it has become a new fashion but I think that it's scientifically proved to have some benefits... maybe :hmm:

X-FILER

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η Χάιδω αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτήτρια. Έχει γράψει 1,969 μηνύματα.
Same here. What's the big deal with it anyway? We're all going to die ultimately by stress, in this cruel world of hardcore scheduling and tasking. There is no reason to get involved in the mudslinging of relaxing and getaway methods.

we are all going to die of stress....yeah,that's right.and do you feel(the weight of the world singing sorrow...:dance: :D)that we have to keep all this bottled energy inside?in this rat-race life that most of us(if not everybody)lead,don't we have to find a way of relaxing?and after all,if we were all to die of obesity,does that mean that we would have to eat like pigs?:Pi don't say that that's not the new fashion and a must,so everybody practises it,but a little time for ourselves is necessary,whether it's a new fashion or a tradiotional way of calming down

SCULLY

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Η SCULLY αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 31 ετών και Μαθητής Β' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 1,057 μηνύματα.
the real eastern yoga is a way to die ,not a way to live longer ( a Buddhist philosopher has said so).

X-FILER

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

lool,i had never heard of that before :lol:

George SK

Νεοφερμένος

we are all going to die of stress....yeah,that's right.and do you feel(the weight of the world singing sorrow...:dance: :D)that we have to keep all this bottled energy inside?in this rat-race life that most of us(if not everybody)lead,don't we have to find a way of relaxing?and after all,if we were all to die of obesity,does that mean that we would have to eat like pigs?:Pi don't say that that's not the new fashion and a must,so everybody practises it,but a little time for ourselves is necessary,whether it's a new fashion or a tradiotional way of calming down

Maybe we ought to stabilize our lives first and then get involved in a cacophonous synthesis of discovering "ways to relax"...after all, humans, in this capitalist society, ought to and therefore must work for the good of mankind, however deteriorating that might be for it. But you are right ok, and we teenagers must keep a fine line between work (studying, more specifically), and enjoying our lives, with which we have no problem.

When we do grow up, that's another story. But yoga for me and all those alternative ways of healing thyself, in their majority being eastern, are simple, plain old ways of capitalizing and promoting one's ideological tray.

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.

Bah, Madonna is a prostitute, as you said. So why do you take her into account?

I do, but I really do not because it is in fashion. I am not in fashion. I am chic in my own way:P, I don't need fashion. But when it comes to body and soul, which I believe that are directly connected, then I cannot help but believe that eastern meditation practices help people achieve extraordinary things. Exampli gratia, some Zen monks in Tibet are said to sit naked next to the bank of a frozen river for hours. In under zero temperatures. Of course, I do not infer that I want to do the same, but it is my conviction that meditation helps you "Know thyself", as Socrates said. I hope you can see the coherence.

Then change the world by doing yoga or meditation, and by teaching your friends and, later, family, how to do the same. Meditation can give you courage to face the cruelty of punctual programming and scheduling.

No, it is not a new fashion, it is an ancient practice since humanity' s early existence which was exceptionally improved by eastern philosophers and meditators.

the real eastern yoga is a way to die ,not a way to live longer ( a Buddhist philosopher has said so).

Yep! He didn't say that it is a way to die earlier, just that it's a way to die. Who doesn't want to die in peace?

Maybe we ought to stabilize our lives first and then get involved in a cacophonous synthesis of discovering "ways to relax"...after all, humans, in this capitalist society, ought to and therefore must work for the good of mankind, however deteriorating that might be for it. But you are right ok, and we teenagers must keep a fine line between work (studying, more specifically), and enjoying our lives, with which we have no problem.

When we do grow up, that's another story. But yoga for me and all those alternative ways of healing thyself, in their majority being eastern, are simple, plain old ways of capitalizing and promoting one's ideological tray.

Who talked about promotion and, infered by your words, propaganda? Japanese celebrate Christmas, but are Taoists. Practising meditation and yoga does not necessarily mean that we become Buddhists or Confucianists or whatever.

SCULLY

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

all i wanted to say is that the slogan "do yoga,live longer" (or something lika that) is a myth.

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Hmm, well, from one point, that of doing yoga and having a peaceful life in general, you are right. But from another point, which is more common, that of practising yoga and having a busy and stressful life, yoga helps you reduce stress and anxiety.

SCULLY

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

I think that yoga doesn't work for ALL people and the majority of Europeans and Americans are practising it because of the fashion and not due to their tastes.otherwise,I put my hand in the fire(:P) that they wouldn't even know what yoga is or if they did,they would definitely reject it as a possible choice to relax.

personally I would rather find my personal way of relaxing and enjoying myself than accepting something like that.Besides,everybody has different ways to get rid of the anxiety (eg some people relax while listening to heavy metal music and others by listening to country one)so this whole thing the-one-and-only-way-for-ALL-people-to-relax seems a bit hilarious to me.

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Well, it' s not only relaxing... It is a way to come closer to yourself...

Unfortunately, fashion is indeed a major reason why yoga has become popular.

I cannot relax either with metal or country music:P

George SK

Νεοφερμένος

all i wanted to say is that the slogan "do yoga,live longer" (or something lika that) is a myth.

That's what I also implied, Alex.

SCULLY

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Well, it' s not only relaxing... It is a way to come closer to yourself...

I'm close enough to myself and even if I wasn't I think there would be other ways to achieve self-awareness apart from yoga.

potato

Νεοφερμένος

Ο Sifis αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 33 ετών και Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 7 μηνύματα.
I don't know what to say, I am cannot think of anything to say...

SCULLY

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

don't post then

Χρήστες Βρείτε παρόμοια