Ομιλείτε αγγλικά!

kambana

Δραστήριο μέλος

Η kambana αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 29 ετών, Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Θεσσαλονίκη (Θεσσαλονίκη). Έχει γράψει 505 μηνύματα.
Oh!!!It's very difficult!:)

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
No, it is the easiest thing in the world.

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

George SK

Νεοφερμένος

Ο Γιώργος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 31 ετών, Μαθητής Β' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Γιαννιτσά (Πέλλας). Έχει γράψει 82 μηνύματα.
Preposterous. :P

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Ο Crookshanks αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 3,567 μηνύματα.
You have already made me search in the dictionary once, do it again, please!

George SK

Νεοφερμένος

Ο Γιώργος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 31 ετών, Μαθητής Β' λυκείου και μας γράφει απο Γιαννιτσά (Πέλλας). Έχει γράψει 82 μηνύματα.

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

I meant that I would be very pleased if you keep speaking advanced English so that I can practise for my Proficiency exams.

Melkon

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο Κωνινος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 31 ετών και Μαθητής Α' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 200 μηνύματα.

Liam

Νεοφερμένος

Ο Liam αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 31 ετών και Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει μόλις ένα μήνυμα.
Hi people! I'm English and am slowly finding my way around this site lol

staticstasy

Νεοφερμένος

Η Αναστασια αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 31 ετών και Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 42 μηνύματα.
Hi guys!

I just wanted to comment on the Eurovision discussion that the songs in Eurovision were never "quality" songs! I find this discussion on which the best song is totally pointless... Eurovision is just a kitchy(spelling?) TV event that has become a classic. i certainly do NOT take it seriously.
This doesn't mean I don't watch it every year. :D I just wanted to point out the above...:)

miv

Επιφανές μέλος

Ο Babis αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Μας γράφει απο Βόρεια Μακεδονία (Ευρώπη). Έχει γράψει 8,275 μηνύματα.

Melkon

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο Κωνινος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 31 ετών και Μαθητής Α' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 200 μηνύματα.
Hope you are having a nice time around here!If you need any translations just ask!

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Hi people! I'm English and am slowly finding my way around this site lol

Well, thank you for joining us! If you require any help, we will be at your disposal.

Hi guys!

I just wanted to comment on the Eurovision discussion that the songs in Eurovision were never "quality" songs! I find this discussion on which the best song is totally pointless... Eurovision is just a kitchy(spelling?) TV event that has become a classic. i certainly do NOT take it seriously.
This doesn't mean I don't watch it every year. :D I just wanted to point out the above...:)

Most discussions here are pointless... The vanity of the vain...

George SK

Νεοφερμένος

The vanity of the vain...

You seem quite sufficient in English. That's a spiky quote I might add. I highly recommend you read books and avoid subtitles in movies. Usually, noticeable books are those that contain admirable meticulousness with regards to structure and vocabulary.

It may be a surprise to you, but that's the method I am using to teach lower and proficiency candidates in private lessons.

michael92

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Μιχάλης αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 31 ετών και Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 1,227 μηνύματα.
You seem quite sufficient in English. That's a spiky quote I might add. I highly recommend you read books and avoid subtitles in movies. Usually, noticeable books are those that contain admirable meticulousness with regards to structure and vocabulary.

It may be a surprise to you, but that's the method I am using to teach lower and proficiency candidates in private lessons.

As a matter of fact, i believe that everyone even with the B2 certificate can watch a movie without subtitles, i haven't seen a movie with subtitles for 2 years other than those that are broadcasted on TV of course. Personally i find it quite difficult to read books in english not because of their complexity but due to the lack of time especially when a being highschool student. What I would suggest is to become a member of some Foreign forums because without even noticing the knowledge somebody can acquire is tremendous. That is at least what i do, i currently am on 3 US forums for about 1-2 years. You may notice some slang idioms on some of the posts but those can also help you on some reading passages and listening, they actually might be useful even in the oral exams :)

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Thank you. In fact, I am very keen on English.
I almost never watch movies on TV. I watch t.v. series but only with English subtitles - only to watch the video with them if I don' t understand what exactly has been spoken. And I read English books too. I have read the last book of the Harry Potter series -three times-, and some other books like The Righteous, The Innocent Man, Gorky Park in English. Instead of reading a book in Greek (I' ll read books anyway) I read it in English.:)

You teach candidates? And you are a B' Student of Secondary School? How can that be?

As a matter of fact, i believe that everyone even with the B2 certificate can watch a movie without subtitles, i haven't seen a movie with subtitles for 2 years other than those that are broadcasted on TV of course. Personally i find it quite difficult to read books in english not because of their complexity but due to the lack of time especially when a being highschool student. What I would suggest is to become a member of some Foreign forums because without even noticing the knowledge somebody can acquire is tremendous. That is at least what i do, i currently am on 3 US forums for about 1-2 years. You may notice some slang idioms on some of the posts but those can also help you on some reading passages and listening, they actually might be useful even in the oral exams :)

Books in English are for the ones who don' t look up in the dictionary for every unkown word they meet. That' s what I did at first, and it spoiled all the pleasure of watching the plot being unveiled.
I think that one can spend as much time reading books as writing in forums. But both are helpful. Books help you with the reading part, though, and improve your vocabulary.

George SK

Νεοφερμένος

Thank you. In fact, I am very keen on English.
I almost never watch movies on TV. I watch t.v. series but only with English subtitles - only to watch the video with them if I don' t understand what exactly has been spoken. And I read English books too. I have read the last book of the Harry Potter series -three times-, and some other books like The Righteous, The Innocent Man, Gorky Park in English. Instead of reading a book in Greek (I' ll read books anyway) I read it in English.:)

You teach candidates? And you are a B' Student of Secondary School? How can that be?

Nah, I'm telling the truth.

Anyway, I have read a bunch of books in English, too, some of which are Hannibal, Big Brother - 1984, Harry Potter, Brave New World, Rendezvous With Rama( I and III), Eragon. What I am trying to say is that people should read books. It's the best thing that can help you ameliorate your language skills.

I don't teach officially, just in private lessons...:) It's a good way to capitalize on my certificate in Proficiency...:P

Books in English are for the ones who don' t look up in the dictionary for every unkown word they meet. That' s what I did at first, and it spoiled all the pleasure of watching the plot being unveiled.
I think that one can spend as much time reading books as writing in forums. But both are helpful. Books help you with the reading part, though, and improve your vocabulary.

Yes, indeed. I also participate in a political game, online and free, which has a forum. If anybody's interested, just PM me.

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

Hmm... Do you get a monetary reward for teaching? And how do you find potential students? Or do they find you?
Have you got Sufficiency to teach English from the Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs (by the way, I deplore the way these two are connected, but anyway)?

George SK

Νεοφερμένος

Hmm... Do you get a monetary reward for teaching? And how do you find potential students? Or do they find you?
Have you got Sufficiency to teach English form the Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs (by the way, I deplore the way these two are connected, but anyway)?

No, I never received a monetary reward for teaching. I found a student through a friend and the other one found me. For the latter, *whistling*...

Crookshanks

Διάσημο μέλος

No, I never received a monetary reward for teaching. I found a student through a friend and the other one found me. For the latter, *whistling*...

Oops, sorry, I meant "from"... Quick typing is making me very very damn fallible...

I explained some exercises to a cousin of mine once... I hadn' t got the Lower certificate yet, but I had all the answers correct. Of course, I cannot define this "explanation" as a teaching process, but anyway, I would like to teach English so that I can get some extra funding for my studies in the future... I am very good at explaining various things to others.

George SK

Νεοφερμένος

Oops, sorry, I meant "from"... Quick typing is making me very very damn fallible...

I explained some exercises to a cousin of mine once... I hadn' t got the Lower certificate yet, but I had all the answers correct. Of course, I cannot define this "explanation" as a teaching process, but anyway, I would like to teach English so that I can get some extra funding for my studies in the future... I am very good at explaining various things to others.

Officially, you can teach after managing the proficiency and after becoming 21 years of age. Then you go to your municipality and declare you status.

Anyway, I have both Lower certificates, I have the Michigan proficiency and I am giving Cambridge this year. So basically, I can help with something. Especially writings and speaking.

Χρήστες Βρείτε παρόμοια