Ομιλείτε αγγλικά!

eliac12

Νεοφερμένος

Ο eliac12 αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Έχει γράψει μόλις ένα μήνυμα.
hi guys and from me...how are you?i bored....all day i play ikariam and i bored to go outside to play with my friends football or basketball or anything else...this is my life!!

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 14 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

Lita Athens

Δραστήριο μέλος

Η Lita Athens αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 541 μηνύματα.
Hallo, everyone.Why nobody writes here? From now i will be always here because in September i am going to take a test and i hope to write good. If i write good i will go in e senior. I know that you do not care... By the way. Do you know a good issue because i want to write a text and with this way i want to improve my speech?I have already writen three texts. The first is about a letter that i tell a problem at my friend and i give him some advice.The second is about a letter in a magazine that a student tells a problem who has with their classmates and a reporter give an answer.And the third is about uniforms at schools and the uniforms' advantages and disadvantages. Sorry for the large text and thank you. I expect an answer.:)

Hi! I'm glad someone decided to bring this topic back to life!!!

I hope that posting here will help you improve your skills in writing !!!

Are you suppose to choose a topic for an essay all by yourself? Haven't your teachers proposed some topics for you to comment on?
Anyway, here are my suggestions: You could write about some leisure activities that you like (like sports, music, dancing etc), you could also write about the importance of learning foreign languages, about a book that you've recently read or about a film that you've recently watched. Other interesting issues which you've probabaly commented on in the past, either in greek or in english are: the problrms that the environment is facing, peer pressure, racism, TV / video-games and their disadvantages, the importance of dreams and goals in someone's life, what you'd like to study in the future... These are all that come to my mind!!!

Good luck!!!

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 14 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

Ο αναγνώστης

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Ο αναγνώστης αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 35 ετών και Φοιτήτρια. Έχει γράψει 179 μηνύματα.
Hello everyone! Has anyone here ever taken IELTS? I am going to have to take it in a few months and I was hoping that someone could tell me how early I need to start having lessons. I have already taken the Cambridge Proficiency so I hope I won't need too many lessons. I hate having to pay teachers again. Plus the 180 euros for the entrance fee. ouf....

Lita Athens

Δραστήριο μέλος

Η Lita Athens αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτητής. Έχει γράψει 541 μηνύματα.
Hello everyone! Has anyone here ever taken IELTS? I am going to have to take it in a few months and I was hoping that someone could tell me how early I need to start having lessons. I have already taken the Cambridge Proficiency so I hope I won't need too many lessons. I hate having to pay teachers again. Plus the 180 euros for the entrance fee. ouf....
Since you've already obtained the proficiency, why do you need to take the IELTS?

Ο αναγνώστης

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Ο αναγνώστης αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 35 ετών και Φοιτήτρια. Έχει γράψει 179 μηνύματα.
Since you've already obtained the proficiency, why do you need to take the IELTS?

:D no university accepts proficiency. To be specific, only a few do, but even these want you to have taken it up to 2 years before you apply. Mine is abit older than that. Plus most of the universities I am applying to don't accept it (the funny thing is that Cambridge doesn't accept it...how logical is that? It's very annoying actually.)

I forgot to mention I am applying for post grad in England. That's why I want it, it's needed for the application.

Drama Prinzessin

Περιβόητο μέλος

Η Drama Prinzessin αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Φοιτήτρια. Έχει γράψει 5,089 μηνύματα.
hello everybody!
how are you? :P

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 13 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

iwanna

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η iwanna αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Πτυχιούχος και μας γράφει απο Πειραιάς (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 373 μηνύματα.
:D no university accepts proficiency. To be specific, only a few do, but even these want you to have taken it up to 2 years before you apply. Mine is abit older than that. Plus most of the universities I am applying to don't accept it (the funny thing is that Cambridge doesn't accept it...how logical is that? It's very annoying actually.)

I forgot to mention I am applying for post grad in England. That's why I want it, it's needed for the application.
hii!! Can I ask, what ru gonna study in the Uk?? I hear that since the undergraduate degree in Greece is 4 years, and there's master 1 & 2 abroad, then u will be automatically put in master 2... is that correct?? I hear Oxford uni has some good post graduate programmes concerning ancient greek stuff, but it must be pretty expensive:hmm: So anyways I wish u enjoy england to the fullest, I really adore this country...

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 13 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

Ο αναγνώστης

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

hii!! Can I ask, what ru gonna study in the Uk?? I hear that since the undergraduate degree in Greece is 4 years, and there's master 1 & 2 abroad, then u will be automatically put in master 2... is that correct?? I hear Oxford uni has some good post graduate programmes concerning ancient greek stuff, but it must be pretty expensive:hmm: So anyways I wish u enjoy england to the fullest, I really adore this country...

No, it's not correct. Our degree is the equivalent to an English BA degree (undergraduate, three years). On top of that, the masters 1 and 2 you are referring too must be the MA taught and the MA research (if I understood what you mean, because for my subject at least these are the two options). One is not exactly easier than the other, they just focus on different things. The MA taught is a taught program (what a surprise :P) which has a duration of 1 year, and is more based on lectures, and of course a final dissertation. The MA research is more based on individual research and its dissertation is lengthier and counts more towards the final mark of the course. Now, the MA research tends to be 2 years (although I know that in some unis its one year as well) and if it is 2 years and you wish to continue towards a PhD, then your PhD can be 2 years instead of 3. So basically, the research one is a good intermediate step if you want to go for a PhD, without it meaning that if you go on an MA taught you can't go for a PhD. To be honest, the sites don't really clarify the difference, apart from the dissertation thing I mentioned. So basically, it all comes down to what suits you. For example, I feel that a taught one is better for me because it guides you more towards how to research, how to write an essay, which I think is important since in our university in Greece we don't focus overly on those technical matters. A research one is more individual, has less lecture hours etc.
In any case, the Oxford site recommends you apply for the taught one, and I've heard that if they feel a research one is better for you, they suggest it themselves. (all this information is based on my subject but I think the differences between subjects-especially since yours is a humanities subject as well- and universities won't be huge. In any case, I can guarantee that our degree is not recognised as more important or more advanced than the English ones :P)
Now, as for what I want to study, I am orientating towards Hellenistic literature (greek literature after the death of Alexander) or Augustan literature (roman literature of the augustan period). Oxford has indeed an amazing Classics department, and so does Cambridge and UCL. Hopefully I will be accepted :P
Money is indeed an issue, its around 11.000 pounds for Oxford and fairly less for Cambridge, and only around 4.000 for UCL ("only" based on how much the other two are :P not that I can casually take 4.000 pounds out of my pocket and pay for it:P). Oxbridge (Oxford and Cambridge) are more expensive cause they have the collegiate system and you have to pay for the college fees on top of the university's fees. However, there are some good scholarships offered both from Greece and from England, hopefully I will be able to take some.

iwanna

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η iwanna αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι Πτυχιούχος και μας γράφει απο Πειραιάς (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 373 μηνύματα.
ok i see how it goes more or less, (oλόκληρη πτυχιακή εργασία κόντεψες να γράψεις εδώ που τα λέμε:P)
Ι was talking about sthg much simpler than all that... The undergraduate degree abroad is 3 years while here its 4 so they accept us as if we have done up to the master 1 and we go automatically to master 2. I know this for sure concerning Paris at least. I got a friend in the philology department who's going to Paris next year and they have already accepted him in Master 2 class.
Idk, maybe it depends on other factors as well, I havent really looked into it since I am heading for america (hopefully)
Anyways, however the programme is called (MA research and all that) I wish u the best of luck and do stay in England for good.- a little piece of advice lol-

Ο αναγνώστης

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

haha I am planning on staying in england since my boyfirend is british :P.
Anyway, sorry if I confused you, it may be like that in Paris but in England it's not. I have many friends who applied this year, and I have looked into it alot, since I am applying soon, and there is absolutely no chance you can skip a year, or go in a more advanced level, or anything, based on the fact that our undergraduate is one year more. Again, I am talking about my subject. Good luck to you too!! Can I ask you something as well?? In order to apply to America, do we need to take some exams ? Because I think that some unis want you to take entrance exams.

Rempeskes

Επιφανές μέλος

Ο Rempeskes αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Έχει γράψει 8,045 μηνύματα.
Anyway, sorry if I confused you, it may be like that in Paris but in England it's not. I have many friends who applied this year, and I have looked into it alot, since I am applying soon, and there is absolutely no chance you can skip a year, or go in a more advanced level, or anything, based on the fact that our undergraduate is one year more. Again, I am talking about my subject. Good luck to you too!! Can I ask you something as well?? In order to apply to America, do we need to take some exams ? Because I think that some unis want you to take entrance exams.

ενδιάμεσος λόουερ-προφίσιενσυ... :ρ

ααα, σορυζ. πρέπει να τα πούμε στα ινγκλαντ, ε;
In order to apply to America, do we need to take some exams ?

οου γιες να ουμ.
δερζ δατ ΤΟΕFL θινγκι.
Νο γουοριζ δο.

Ο αναγνώστης

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Also, in this thread we must speak in english :P

Rempeskes

Επιφανές μέλος

iwanna

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

It all depends on the requirements of the specific uni. Some need interviews, others need exams, others just need to pay for them... They mostly need a good interview I would say.

Ο αναγνώστης

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

ααα, σορυζ. πρέπει να τα πούμε στα ινγκλαντ, ε;

οου γιες να ουμ.
δερζ δατ ΤΟΕFL θινγκι.
Νο γουοριζ δο.

I am not talking about TOEFL, I am talking about entrance exams specifically for each department. And anyway, if you don't have a clue what we are talking about, please don't participate.

Rempeskes

Επιφανές μέλος

It all depends on the requirements of the specific uni. Some need interviews, others need exams, others just need to pay for them... They mostly need a good interview I would say.

And a guarantor who'll cover your fees.
Or else forget about it μεν.

Ο αναγνώστης

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

I see. Also, i read somewhere that if they accept you for a masters they give you a scholarship, do you know if that's true? Because if England is expensive one time, America is ten :P

Rempeskes

Επιφανές μέλος

if you don't have a clue what we are talking about, please don't participate.

sure thing chump. never heard anyone use language like that anywhere else other than tiny all-knowing greece, tho...:confused:

alex2395

Δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Aλεξανδρος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 29 ετών και Μαθητής Γ' λυκείου. Έχει γράψει 600 μηνύματα.
sure thing chump. never heard anyone use language like that anywhere else other than tiny all-knowing greece, tho...:confused:

absolutely true...
I mean wtf is English is expensive one and America 10???
anyway tomorrow is my ECPE speaking....wish me luck

iwanna

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

And a guarantor who'll cover your fees.
Or else forget about it μεν.
lol yeah this is unfortunately true
I see. Also, i read somewhere that if they accept you for a masters they give you a scholarship, do you know if that's true? Because if England is expensive one time, America is ten :P
U have to live up to certain requirements to get a scholarship which I cant tell u exactly now cause they differ according to the uni.
And even in America u can find some programmes that are not too expensive and in any case, u can work after all. Or, u can be like all these students abroad, get a loan to cover ur tuition fees and pay it back when ur like 40 or sthg lol

Χρήστες Βρείτε παρόμοια