Εnglish forum

kellyj

Νεοφερμένος

Η kelly αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 49 ετών, Καθηγητής και μας γράφει απο Θεσσαλονίκη (Θεσσαλονίκη). Έχει γράψει 26 μηνύματα.
finally i decided to take private lessons with teacher i found her and she doesn't want a lot of money so on Thursday i have my reunion lesson...

that's for the best my dear. now even if she gives you a placement test, you need to start with grammar!also you need to be precise about your goal.tell her which level you want to reach and then she should come up with a suitable curriculum and time plan for you.best of luck and feel free to ask any q you like!

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

gelo75

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο george αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 48 ετών, Πτυχιούχος και μας γράφει απο Ελευσίνα (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 147 μηνύματα.
does anyone know some way to build listening skills?

Σημείωση: Το μήνυμα αυτό γράφτηκε 15 χρόνια πριν. Ο συντάκτης του πιθανόν να έχει αλλάξει απόψεις έκτοτε.

kellyj

Νεοφερμένος

Η kelly αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 49 ετών, Καθηγητής και μας γράφει απο Θεσσαλονίκη (Θεσσαλονίκη). Έχει γράψει 26 μηνύματα.
does anyone know some way to build listening skills?

of course dear.it depends your level though and exam format.be more specific please otherwise i can't help you

ΕΥΗ ΟΛΕ!!!

Νεοφερμένος

Η εύη αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 28 ετών, Μαθητής Β' γυμνασίου και μας γράφει απο Ρέθυμνο (Ρέθυμνο). Έχει γράψει 52 μηνύματα.
hi to everyone!!! my name is EVI from (evangelia). i'm from rethymno! i'm 14 years old i'm going to take the e-dexcel in may! welcome kellyj to ischool!! it's nice that you made a topic where we use our english! :D

LiLoOkOzz

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Λίλη αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 29 ετών, Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Κερατσίνι (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 391 μηνύματα.
hi again!!!The problem is that one of the teacher who make me feel bad is the principal of frontistirio........She is horrible!
So, I ready carefully your advice and I went and I told her about my problem and she said that she is authorized to talk like this way about me !
I get angry and I told her to never ever behave to me so bad.Then, she get nervous and I went home!I told all the story to my parents and they didn't believe me.
The next day ,my teacher was normal and since then she hasn't told anything about me like this way before.Sorry about my english,I know I 'm not good but I try hard...

Garret

Νεοφερμένος

Ο Garret αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 44 ετών, Καθηγητής και μας γράφει απο Αθήνα (Αττική). Έχει γράψει 45 μηνύματα.
Kelly, use some basic punctuation...please :)

tntqaz

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο Νίκος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Βέλγιο (Ευρώπη). Έχει γράψει 294 μηνύματα.
hi again...
i have and another question...Can you explain me what the "e-dexcel" exam is??

ΕΥΗ ΟΛΕ!!!

Νεοφερμένος

Η εύη αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 28 ετών, Μαθητής Β' γυμνασίου και μας γράφει απο Ρέθυμνο (Ρέθυμνο). Έχει γράψει 52 μηνύματα.
yes!! i would like also to know because i'm going to take it in may!!

answer us as soon as possible please!!

kellyj

Νεοφερμένος

hi again!!!The problem is that one of the teacher who make me feel bad is the principal of frontistirio........She is horrible!
So, I ready carefully your advice and I went and I told her about my problem and she said that she is authorized to talk like this way about me !
I get angry and I told her to never ever behave to me so bad.Then, she get nervous and I went home!I told all the story to my parents and they didn't believe me.
The next day ,my teacher was normal and since then she hasn't told anything about me like this way before.Sorry about my english,I know I 'm not good but I try hard...

good girl,you did a very brave thing.now i don't know why your parents didn't believe you but there are many ways to make them believe you.for example ,invite another pupil at your house and ask them to support your story.they might not believe you but they will surely believe another student.also you could record the teacher secretly on your phone and that will definitely prove the truth.as long as you are telling the truth.
either way don't worry.if you don't want to upset your parents just be patient until may and then change schools for good!
-----------------------------------------
Kelly, use some basic punctuation...please :)
thanks for the tip(if only i knew how to use the keyboard)the damn things aren't sold with a manual-speaking simple english has proven even more difficult for me though!

SIMAIOFOROS

Νεοφερμένος

Ο SIMAIOFOROS αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι 29 ετών και Μαθητής Γ' γυμνασίου. Έχει γράψει 26 μηνύματα.
Good evening

kellyj

Νεοφερμένος

hi again...
i have and another question...Can you explain me what the "e-dexcel" exam is??

yet another english exam held by palso north greece.(a group of frontistiria)It's not easy and you have to study for it just like the rest of them.I personally don't like it but I can't tell you some things and others you wouldn't understand.The point is if you are an upper-intermediate student with a vocabulary of over 5000 words and above average level of listening and writing(<60%)you can sit any exam you like(at least 2-one for backup)

teol20

Επιφανές μέλος

Ο teol20 αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Έχει γράψει 10,425 μηνύματα.
yet another english exam held by palso north greece.(a group of frontistiria)It's not easy and you have to study for it just like the rest of them.I personally don't like it but I can't tell you some things and others you wouldn't understand.The point is if you are an upper-intermediate student with a vocabulary of over 5000 words and above average level of listening and writing(<60%)you can sit any exam you like(at least 2-one for backup)

I'm strongly disagree with yoy dear kellyj.
I believe that this certificate is as good as the others certificates...;)

tntqaz

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Ο Νίκος αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Βέλγιο (Ευρώπη). Έχει γράψει 294 μηνύματα.
do you think that cambridge F.C.E or michigan ECCE are better than e-dexcel ??
my teacher says that cambridge is the best... now she wants me to take and the cambridge prof. but i'm not sure that i will be able to "take" it , so , i will try out the michigan prof. and after taking its results, i'll see what i will do
{ sorry if i make mistakes, but, i stopped my english for two months, and when i stop, sometimes i make stupid mistakes...:D

kellyj

Νεοφερμένος

I'm strongly disagree with yoy dear kellyj.
I believe that this certificate is as good as the others certificates...;)

if by good you mean accepted by the greek ministry of education and asep then yes it is as"good" but when it comes to format it is by no means friendly.allow me to give you just one fact:one of the writing tasks depends on your undersranding of a readind passage from the reading part.this means if you fail to comprehend the passage you will either fail to prove your vocabulary skills or best case scenario fail to adapt your writing skills to the ideas already given(e.g.paraphrasing ).Allow me to give you another piece of information:the listening answers are not all "set".I will try to explain:in the cambridge fce listening part 2 where you are asked to fill in the gaps the answers are specific and the key provides ALL possible answers accepted,the edexcel DOES NOT.to better understand this you should have a look at a key but this is not possible for you.Not to mention other points that you wouldn't understand anyway.
my teacher says that cambridge is the best... now she wants me to take and the cambridge prof. but i'm not sure that i will be able to "take" it , so , i will try out the michigan prof. and after taking its results, i'll see what i will do
{ sorry if i make mistakes, but, i stopped my english for two months, and when i stop, sometimes i make stupid mistakes...:D

I have to agree with your teacher.Although i'm american,I'm a diehard fan of cambridge exams(for various reasons).Allow me to tell you one thing only:consider yourself very fortunate to have such a teacher because the fact alone that she urges you to sit fce and cpe says a lot about her.As for the michigan you are mistaken if you think for a minute that it's easier.You do know that you have to pass each part,right?You should also start preparing for the speaking part at least 3 months in advance because they don't even know what the hell they are doing,and they don't care.(to put it simply you need to repeat the same stuff 4 times without adding info or "expanding "the prompts given.now if you figure out a way to do that let me know,please!in fact the lady that presented the new speaking to us at a seminar here in salonika didn't know how to do it herself;but then again she could barely speak english herself.it makes one wonder!

kellyj

Νεοφερμένος

What do you mean by better?Sure, they are more widely known but since they are all approved by the greek ministry of education there should be no question of better but of widest recognition worldwide and their appeal
because of format or history.Also, you shouldn't compare profs.They demand different skills and even their vocabulary basis is different.Do not
for a minute presume that if you prepare for the michigan ,you can go on and sit the cambr.after 3 months.(well,if you study5 hours a day you might)If you started with cambr. you could sit the mich. after 3 months,however.Anyway, listen to your teacher and keep meupdated.I would like to know about your progress.

GetOuttaMyWay

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Johnson αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Κομοτηνή (Ροδόπη). Έχει γράψει 1,772 μηνύματα.
Let me say dear partners, that I think that the best exams are: 1) TRINITY Integrated Skills in English, 2) the Test of Interactive English (TIE), and 3) ESB & UCLan exams. I also think that Michigan ECCE & ECPE are nice, but I find their format a bit excessive, not so modern and user-unfrendly...

ΣΟΦΙΑ-ΦΑΙΗ

Εκκολαπτόμενο μέλος

Η Σοφια αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένη. Είναι 29 ετών, Μαθητής Γ' γυμνασίου και μας γράφει απο Λεχαινά (Ηλεία). Έχει γράψει 171 μηνύματα.
hi kelly!!!I'm 15 years old but I managed to pass the proficiency examination.......you know level c2

kellyj

Νεοφερμένος

Let me say dear partners, that I think that the best exams are: 1) TRINITY Integrated Skills in English, 2) the Test of Interactive English (TIE), and 3) ESB & UCLan exams. I also think that Michigan ECCE & ECPE are nice, but I find their format a bit excessive, not so modern and user-unfrendly...

for a 14-year-old boy you are quite opinionated... and articulate.(excessive??)You sound pretty set in your ideas so I will not even bother to debate with you.Good luck with your choices.
hi kelly!!!I'm 15 years old but I managed to pass the proficiency examination.......you know level c2

Then, my dear ,congratulations are in order!No matter which prof you got.(except Lancashire which is not and will not ever be approved in Greece)
Also,seeing as how you have a couple of years to invest why don't you pursue a 2nd foreign language?you can reach a B2 level in italian or spanish in just a year!But then again you could focus on your greek and get some rest, right?(it does sound better ,doesn't it?)

GetOuttaMyWay

Πολύ δραστήριο μέλος

Ο Johnson αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Είναι Φοιτητής και μας γράφει απο Κομοτηνή (Ροδόπη). Έχει γράψει 1,772 μηνύματα.
Dear Kelly,

I would like to say that UCLan C2 WILL BE recognised by ASEP. Someone that works in the EUROPALSO told me that. Moreover, teachers and reliable people agree.

All the best,
Chris

teol20

Επιφανές μέλος

Ο teol20 αυτή τη στιγμή δεν είναι συνδεδεμένος. Έχει γράψει 10,425 μηνύματα.
Dear Kelly,

I would like to say that UCLan C2 WILL BE recognised by ASEP. Someone that works in the EUROPALSO told me that. Moreover, teachers and reliable people agree.

All the best,
Chris

Οf course!
Kellyj you may see the latest FEK of ASEP.;)

Χρήστες Βρείτε παρόμοια

• Τα παρακάτω 0 μέλη και 1 επισκέπτες διαβάζουν μαζί με εσάς αυτό το θέμα:
    Tα παρακάτω 2 μέλη διάβασαν αυτό το θέμα:
  • Φορτώνει...